New Kenne Bell #'s

Dan_Soprano

Mod Dude
May 7, 2003
Jacksonville, FL
New Kenne Bell #'s (DYNO GRAPH INCLUDED!!)

well here's the new #'s after the magnapac install......added 23 hp!!!! I'm more pleased now, but still think the old girl has more in her!!
attachment.php

• Sponsors (?)

That ain't bad for an '01. According to Kenne Bell, '01s had higher than normal compression, and needed to be detuned with their kit. You would have been 30 HP higher.

Dan_Soprano said:
I DON"T KNOW!!!! it's killing me. There is SOOO much more power to be had if i could get it to a nice solid 11.9:1 or 12:1. I have to call KB's programmer Ken on tuesday when he gets in.
oh yea get to 11.9 and you'll be just fine and safe..damn thats gonna open up more hp for ya!

rhyrlik said:
That ain't bad for an '01. According to Kenne Bell, '01s had higher than normal compression, and needed to be detuned with their kit. You would have been 30 HP higher.
That is a true statement. But detuned as in pulling more timing off, not
fatening the A/F that much. My first dyno was 363hp, 390lb/ft at the wheels, so the maggies helped out BIGTIME!!

Their A/F ratio should be 11.5:1 and yours is a little richer, possibly due to the catback. I had an F-150 with full exhaust that ran so rich that I came within a hair of failing the sniffer test.

rhyrlik said:
Their A/F ratio should be 11.5:1 and yours is a little richer, possibly due to the catback. I had an F-150 with full exhaust that ran so rich that I came within a hair of failing the sniffer test.
I'm really suprised though that just changing from 3 chamber flows to the magnapacs richened it up that much!!

Dan_Soprano said:
I'm really suprised though that just changing from 3 chamber flows to the magnapacs richened it up that much!!
So, you only changed from flowmaster mufflers to magnapacks and gained 23 rwhp? I've been considering doing the same thing for a while now but couldn't find any hard evidence that it would be worth the money and time. This may be it.

nice, i don't know if i do have the same rich problem like yours cause' i have magnapack and o/r h pipe on my 2001 GT.However, i do fill out those on the chip data form when i order kB 9psi.
I can't wait till i get mine :banana:

DeadLurker said:
Dan is it possible that KB gave you a chip that would go rich on purpose so that when it starts to lean out it would only hit 12.0 by 6,000rpms?
I'm really just concerned with the A/F between 3500-5500 rpm. Over all I am happy though. The original 363/390 really broke my heart. I know that I have an overly conservative tune do to the fact that I have an 01. I also have a #10 pulley coming, so I think that will help out a bit too. Damn horsepower bug. I think that the worst thing is that my 2 best buds in my stang club have 460+hp 03' cobras. Keeping up sucks. God I need a built bottom end so I can crank up the boost.

Screwed2V said:
So, you only changed from flowmaster mufflers to magnapacks and gained 23 rwhp? I've been considering doing the same thing for a while now but couldn't find any hard evidence that it would be worth the money and time. This may be it.
I was told by alot of different people that the flows build WAY TOO much back pressure. I guess it holds true. I have both dyno graphs to prove that the mags really do what they advertise. I also still have the stock manifolds and h-pipe. I wonder what the gains would be by doing them??? :banana:

I got an awesome deal from stangnet part shopper on the pacs.......they have a rebate on them that kicks ass. Def. worth checking out!! :nice:

Dan_Soprano said:
I was told by alot of different people that the flows build WAY TOO much back pressure. I guess it holds true. I have both dyno graphs to prove that the mags really do what they advertise. I also still have the stock manifolds and h-pipe. I wonder what the gains would be by doing them??? :banana:

I got an awesome deal from stangnet part shopper on the pacs.......they have a rebate on them that kicks ass. Def. worth checking out!! :nice:
Very good info here, I appreciate it. Did you just replace the mufflers or the whole cat back and by chance do you have a part #? Thanks again.

Screwed2V said:
Very good info here, I appreciate it. Did you just replace the mufflers or the whole cat back and by chance do you have a part #? Thanks again.
I did the whole catback. You gotta love the way the maggie tips look!!! :nice: As far as part #, just go to parshopper on the top of the screen here and click away. It should be easy to find from there.