new look for my 95.

Most Shelbys these days are replicas with 5.0 engines in them and no certificates at all. If you see one cruising down the road you are automatically going to assume it has a 429 at first glance, unless you know them 100%. I have to say I drool when I see them and don't care what size motor is in it. I care about the dedication , time and workmanship that was invovled with putting it together. Be proud of your Stang no matter what it is, especially if its a GT that spanks the hell out of a Cobra. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

swingline said:
When I get my car repainted I am going badgeless. I think it looks a lot cleaner.

That is what I had intended to do. I did not like the Mustang GT badge, but when I took one off, I found a nice 3/8" hole in the fender!!! And was not going to put the GT badge back on, so I ended up with the Cobra's...Believe me: no harm intended, and I do wish I had the SVT papers!

Mike

95STANG-GTSC said:
That is what I had intended to do. I did not like the Mustang GT badge, but when I took one off, I found a nice 3/8" hole in the fender!!! And was not going to put the GT badge back on, so I ended up with the Cobra's...Believe me: no harm intended, and I do wish I had the SVT papers!

Mike

Dam they need to lay OFF you about the badges.... MAN I have a Cobra and its Not that big of a deal everyone knows its not a cobra and THATS OK!!! Your car looks NICE!! :nice:
And Tell me about the bottoming out with a vert...... One day Im waiting for the airbag to go off when I hit a bump on the hway!!

95WhiteVenom said:
:rlaugh: well as for lookin for a spoiler look at this one while you look at it you may want to check out the rest of the car it has some features that you might like including the color combo :rlaugh: ... This guy was probably thinkin the same thing as you about makin his special. AND GUESS WHAT THIS IS AN ACTUAL COBRA!!!!! I am glad that you don't own an actual cobra I would hate to see how it would turn out. KEEP YOUR GT A GT and but in the mean time I'll have fun pickin' on guys like you that want a cobra. My opinion take off the badges. You can't earn it and also it is a symbol of american iron. That same american iron parked in my driveway every day as I am a very proud owner of a 1995 COBRA Crystal White with Tan Cloth 1 of 66 made in 1995 with that combo. :banana: :banana: :banana:

this isnt meant to bash any cobra owners but seriously i bet that guy with the red gt paid half as much for his gt than you did for your cobra, cobras i think are a waste of money, you can buy a gt an put some money into it and make it 10 times faster than any cobra an still not spend as much as someone with a cobra paid for their car. my friends paid 18k for his 95 cobra with 20k miles on it, i paid 7k for mine with 70k miles, and all the cobras i see with the same mileage as my car are still like 10k, both our cars are in mint condition and we both have 4.30s gears and thats it. he takes me by one car. so pretty much he paid 11k more to take me by one car, instead of me buyign a cobra for 18k i could spend 7 on mine an put the 11 into my car an it would smoke any car around. i mean i think ford is stupid for making the cobra how they did. they should have made it alot faster. i mean your paying a ton of extra money for what? gt40 heads and a cobra intake an some 24# injectors? just my opinion...and dude you dont have to be so cocky, you only own a cobra, its not like you own some like rare ferrarri or somethin.the guy put a cobra badge on his car, big deal, its his car an he can do whatever he wants and im sure he could careless about your opinion

A quick thought on badging:

Putting a Cobra badge on a GT is like a Civic DX putting a Type R badge on. I disagree very strongly with doing it, but to each his own. When I bought my GT someone had put Cobra badges above the 5.0 badges... A butterknife solved that problem.

I'm not trying to hate on anyone. But anyone that puts any kind of upgraded badge on their car to state their car is a limited production car or something of the sort has to expect some degree of naysaying. I personally don't see anything wrong with an 11-second GT for example maintaining GT badging and owning Cobras.

cb18201 man I believe you got it all wrong. You wanna say he prolly paid half of what I paid for mine. Well I'm willing to doubt that. My 95 was in mint contition with only 3.55 gears and Flows when I got it over 2 years ago. Let's just say I don't think he got his GT in mint condition for 3k cause that would be half of what I paid for mine. As for the rest of your statement it ain't a ferrari by no means. He can do what he wants to his GT with cobra badges. In my opinion it don't belong.

Take that back 6k was after finance charges sorry the actual price was $5250 before the bank added the nice fee for me takin' a couple of years to pay for it. So half would be $2625 in some places that won't even get you a decent Fox. So I'm sure he paid more.

95WhiteVenom said:
Take that back 6k was after finance charges sorry the actual price was $5250 before the bank added the nice fee for me takin' a couple of years to pay for it. So half would be $2625 in some places that won't even get you a decent Fox. So I'm sure he paid more.

well i guess you got lucky to get a nice cobra for a good price, how many miles are on your cobra? or how many on it when you got it. honestly

I just ordered a pair of Cobra badges for my GTS yesterday. I can't wait to put them on! FWIW, I have a cobra bumber, cobra brakes, cobra wheels, and will soon have my HCI swap completed. If anyone asks me if it's a Cobra, I will say NO, I'm just a poser.

HoofnIt said:
I just ordered a pair of Cobra badges for my GTS yesterday. I can't wait to put them on! FWIW, I have a cobra bumber, cobra brakes, cobra wheels, and will soon have my HCI swap completed. If anyone asks me if it's a Cobra, I will say NO, I'm just a poser.

hahahhhahahha

I guess the ones that dislike my cobra badge will hate this:

Attachments

• launch.JPG
    launch.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 78
Back to the topic, I like the chin spoiler. I've got a darker car and I bet it would look really nice while not sticking out too much.

Back to the "runaway" topic: Personally, I can't wait till my sleeper GT is modded with MM's Road & Track Kit, Cobra Brakes (all four corners), gears, and a new 331 crate motor. Why? To see the look on people's faces when they think all there looking at is a lowly run-of-the-mill GT. GT bumpers, badges, and interior. :) I'll have half of these mods by the end of summer and hope to complete the engine by next summer. I'm sure a snake or two will get bit, but not always.

Do what you want with badges or whatever else? Just don't claim your car is anything else, as I'm sure you've already stated. Build a great car that you like no matter what "model" car you start with. Cobra or GT.......by then end of the process, you'll probably not recognize what the car was to begin with. That's the beauty of stangs. :)

I think you Cobra guys need a reality check. You have the same godamn cars as the V6 guys, just upgraded stuff. :owned:

With nearly the same mods as 95WhiteVenom I have run a better 1/8th, and he suposedly has upgraded H/I over mine. But mine would be a poser if I put Cobra badges on? :notnice:

And btw I'm not a fan of putting Cobra badges on. I think the GT badges look just as nice, but if you like the way they look thats fine. I would dissagree if a V6 put them on though, cuz thats just wrong. :nonono: :)

But no, they're not a v6...if they were they'd have the v6 badging. It's not that big of a deal. If the 95 Cobra R's came would have came with R specific badging, I'm sure some of the cobra guys would be using those. Just not me, cause mine will never be an R, could beat one, or have the same equipment, so on, but it'd never be an R IMO. I agree it's better to buy a GT and put the saved money into something else, but it just wouldn't be a cobra, no matter which way you turn it, not that it couldn't be way better than one. What if the V6 was built and could spank a Cobra...Would the Cobra badges be fitting on that 6? It's a feeling more than a badge.

125K miles on that car. Ohh and the guy bout running the better time. Well lets see Im sure you was using those DR's when you got that time better than me and the fact your car is lowered and has a chip to get over some of those nasty comp. probs our cars have plus you got 3.73's. I think someone is jealous. Ohh by the way 9.1's was the 3rd run of the day on the first time I had ever taken that car to the track. THe car now has 145k on it. Runs great as for the moment just needs a coil. My lazy tail has to get one before she goes back to the track. That 9.1 was without exhaust and the car handn't has a tune-up in 75,000 miles. I'll go back after the coil, and let you know what the exhaust, tune-up, and coil did to pick me up.