new MAF,injectors,75mm T/B, inlet elbow, initial impressions

billfisher

Jul 17, 2005
huntsville, AL
pro products T/B and inlet elbow.

inlet elbow: holes drilled incorrectly. T/B did not line up.
it didn't matter as i ported the T/B outlet anyway. my manifold has an 80mm inlet. i ported the elbow to 1/16" to the edge of the flange. no pics. 75mm is the most this can be ported at the mating of the upper and lower. i remove as much material as possible inside the elbow. very thin.

75mm T/B:seems to be a good quality product. i ported after the throttle blade a little. i also knife edged the blade at the rear.only the non-contecting side. i removed a small amount of metal on the shaft. polished with compound and a buffer wheel. no pics.

30# injectors: it's impossible to quantify their usefulness without knowing current duty. however, the motor is much smoother. idle quality is way better. 45 psi.

80mm C&L maf. i used the stock maf initially. totally undrivable. i haven't changed the program yet. i switched to the C&L set for 30# and whammo i ran faster than ever on my"track out back."

SOTP means crap. nothing zilch. the average person cannot tell between 20-35 hp loss or gain.

when i ran the short runner intake before there was a noticable loss of torque. it ran the same up top as the stocker. now it is totally different. the track will tell all. i seem to have gotten back as much as it has with the long runner. i wonder how it will run with the improved setup. (long runner)

the moral: use the proper equipment there is no reason to waste power with inadequate stuff. i wanted to see what gains can be made. i'll get back after track day. i still have to fix a large header leak. the short runner accelerates scary now.

• Sponsors (?)