New Magnapacks on my 99 GT Planet Magnaflow!

6T9_CHARGER_RT

Sep 15, 2007
S.I.N.Y.
Recently purchased my '99 GT convertible with the Limited Edition package. It has 60k miles & is stock down to the air intake silencer & exhaust system.
While the stock exhaust is decent, I wanted something with a bit more growl but without the same "me too" Flowmaster Mustang sound. Not that its a bad sound but I wanted something different.
Looking at Magnaflow systems, I was torn (like most are)weather I should go with the stock large muffler type cat-back or their Magnapack system. Doing some online research on this site & YouTube for sound clips, I was reading that with the stock catted H-pipe, the Magnapack system was the way to go if you wanted some sound at idle & all through the RPM range. If you want a quiet idle & some bark at WOT, than the regular system would be for you.

OK....now that I have what I want in mind, where to get the set up? Who has the best deal? Summit? Jegs? CJ Pony Parts? American Muscle? NONE of them!
I PM'd Slapyo on the site who is an authorized Magnaflow dealer at his company, Planet Magnaflow Magnaflow Exhaust Magnaflow Mufflers LIVE Inventory to see what kind of price he can do for me being a member of Stang.net. now Im not sure I can tell the price I paid but I can tell you it was well over $150 less shipped to my door than many other competitors! That's right SHIPPED!
When I say shipped I mean FAST as well. I placed my order on Saturday....I was told the order would be processed on Monday when Magnaflow opened for business. Got an email at 11am confirming my order on Monday. Tuesday @ 10am I got another email stating that my order was shipped Fed Ex with a tracking #. On Tuesday afternoon I get a call from my daughter.... "Daddy there's a BIG box on the porch.....it says magnum something" Yup....same day I get the email stating that it was shipped and its on my doorstep!
Thanks to Slapyo & MRaburn on the site for a killer deal!

Below is a short YouTube vid of the before & after sound. Don't mind the smoke in the second half of the video....its just the oils burning off from the new pipes!
YouTube - 99 Mustang GT from Stock to Magnaflow Magnapack 15673 exhaust

And a few pics!
P1070723_resize.jpg

P1070726_exposure_resize.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks! Took it out for a blast today....didnt want to come home! The sound of the exhaust with the top down makes the car 100% "funner".

Love tooling around in 2nd gear, accelerating then coasting.....has a great burbling sound :)