(New member!) Intake question??

95gtscobra

Jul 21, 2008
Hey guys this my first time to stangnet.com, i decided to move forums from mustangforums.com because they usually argue more than they answer questions. I have a 95 5.0!

Is an explorer intake worth the swap from my stock GT intake on my 95??? I found one on ebay (explorer upper/lower, 65mm tb, and intake elbow). Do they flow like the GT40, Eldlebrok ext....
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

:welcome: to :SNSign:.the explorer intake is basiclly a cobra intake.they flow about the same.should flow much better than the stock intake.i have one,just no time to install it:(.dont forget you'll need an intake elbow if you go with the explorer intake,unless you convert to the fox style set-up.

I would base your decision on your long term goals with the car. If you are planning on building the motor eventually get a better intake such as a eddy or tfs etc., but if you plan on just a few bolt ons or a mild hci then an explorer aint a bad route to go.:nice:

Cobra Ones DO Look nice and are great with basic mods/upgrades.

<marquee> WELCOME TO STANGNET!! </marquee>

RC

I dont know why but Ive always hated that intake maybe its the but ugly factor or just that its a stock SUV part being put on a Mustang to try and improve on it. IMO Id buy a better used intake if you dont want to buy new.

:shrug:
I dont know why but Ive always hated that intake maybe its the but ugly factor or just that its a stock SUV part being put on a Mustang to try and improve on it. IMO Id buy a better used intake if you dont want to buy new.

WHich intake do you not like? It sounds like you are referring to the explorer one, but you quoted me, which was referring to the Cobra intake!
RC

I have ford motorsport svo intake. I got mine from panhandle motorsports. They are bit pricey new. professional products polished intake looks good and flow good with basic bolt on's too. and it's cheap. there are so many choices out there so it is little confusing but pick the one that you think look the best since everyone has different taste. I do think explorer intake do not belong in the mustang. spend the money wisely and get something worth a while.

by the way welcome to the stangnet. You are going to spend some pretty penny on your car now since these guys in here will make you upgrade your ride. but they know what they are talking about and they are very tech savvy! when your car breaks down some where make sure you have your computer with you so you can get in here and ask these folks how to fix that problem. These guys bailed me out of trouble couple of times. and i saved thousands of dollars by installing parts by myself. thses guys even show you how to paint your interior!!! freaking AWESOME!!!

Have a great time! :)

Welcome to 94-95 :SNSign:

Argue :scratch:

Its W A Y more fun :banana:

to tell others how to spend their money :D
i mean
tell others how to go fast ;)

As for your original Q

Its all about what you expect :)

The OEM stuff usually falls a bit short of the gain you get with aftermarket

Then again ... that stuff can be found used and for a price that is much
less than aftermarket :shrug:

From a financial point of view ......

Best thing to do is consider ALL opportunities BEFORE spending ANY money :Word:

Thats a good thing about the folks here .........

Lots of different combos have been done by our members that have turned
out to be quite successful :nice:

so

You can easily get an idea of what all is possible :spot:

Grady