New Member Not Sure If Mustang Is Right For Me...

You're absolutely right Gearbanger. I'm not into major mods. Anything past an intake and exhaust, MAYBE. I'm not the typical Mustang owner, never had one before. Honestly, their technology did not suit my taste in cars in older generations. Did you all see the pic of my car, the Acura? That thing has almost 300hp and is very heavy so prob does 0-60 in the 7.5 sec range, but it feels powerful to me. Acceleration in a straight line is not the most important thing to me. If my Acura feels powerful to me, the V6 Mustang will be a step up. And even as far as upgrades, even wheels. I was thinking, those stock wheels if I painted them with plastidip, they would look a lot better.But the tire looks tall. It's almost the same size of my Acura.. Hmmm. Mustang has 235/55-17. Acura has 245/50-17. Difference is 2% which is not much. Look again at the pic of my Acura. I think that wheel sidewall looks good, better than the stock V6 mustang size. That's an option.

Oh, I just remembered! I owned some Ford power before, not my F-150, I used to have a 98 Lincoln Mark VIII. Had the 32 valve 4.6L V8 and independent rear suspension. It had the air ride that lowered the car one inch at 55mph. The only thing I hated about it was the steering was overboosted and the tranny allowed no engine braking, it would coast like a Town Car. My friends who had Mustangs all liked my Mark VIII.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I was fishing around in my stocks, and I found almost everything I need to upgrade the stock stereo on the Mustang. I bought this stuff many years ago for my Honda Pilot, but never used them. I have 4 new in box Alpine 6.5" speakers, a new in box Kicker C10 sub that works in small sealed enclosures, and I have an old Hifonics Thor amp. The REAL old good one, series 7 I think. When they were hand built in the USA. 400 watts pure rms into 4 ohms. That amp has been in 3 of my cars. I have had it since I was a teenager. It's a tank and they're still highly sought after and go for hundreds used. Glad I kept it! In the past I have just upgraded front speakers and left the back stock. Aftermarkets are usually more efficient so they play louder and brighter than the stock rears which is good. So the rears just become rear fill. Hopefully the amp in the stock radio is not too bad and can push them loud enough with bass reduced a bit. All I need is a custom enclosure to sit in the corner of the trunk. They will make them soon, they made them for the last gen for about $100. Yippee!

Just do this.
20150820_181156.jpg

My 3000 watts rms of stupidity.... seriously.

Mb quart makes amazing highs and mids and there amps push out well beyond there rated rms. 1500 rms bass, 1500 rms highs/mids.
I built the box.:cool:
Anyhow sorry for the thread jack.

Nah man! I appreciate the pic! I remember those days when everyone did this in the car audio scene! Now I just want it to look stealth. Thief looks in and sees....NOTHING. I used to love bass! I still have my MC Hammer CD's! Sir Mix a Lot, LL Cool J, Beastie Boys. Good stuff! But I have to do some upgrades cause the stereo in my Acura is so nice. 5.1 surround with a center channel! I never really understood the car audio term, staging, until this car. I've been listening to my DTS CD's like mad with the possibility of losing the car.

Tiny box will limit the bass notes to upper ranges, it's a give and take game really. I would suggest a small bandpass enclosure if you can't fit a box that has suggested volume for the sub. The bandpass will limit the range as well but will not limit output.....
For the best sound quality a sealed enclosure with larger than suggested volume filled 50-75% with poly fill and amplifier with high rms value with gain output minimized. Wiring the amp at the lowest ohm value for the sub will lower distortion as well.

Honestly....sell off the aftermarket stuff and put the money towards upgrading to the Shaker Pro Audio system upgrade. That 12-speaker system will blow the doors off of your aftermarket components and you won't have to bastardize the interior in attempts to install it. New cars aren't just "plug and play" like they were a couple of decades ago and IMO, its really not worth ripping up your dash to attempt the install. Not for what would amount to about an additional $15/month at the end of your car payment.

Reactions: 1 user
U cant get the shaker in the V6 or i would go that route in an instant. Adding a sub and speakers is not ripping up anything. Hey, can u unlock my account? I tried to post a link to a youtube vid and it says need mod approval.