New Members Get in Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1105 said:
All that stuff JR and STOCK HEADS?!?! wtf are ya thinking? :lol: j/k man. Did you run out of money by then?
I have a goal to squeeze every ounce of HP and 1/4 times out of this motor on stock heads, cam & bottom with high mileage and power adders. I ran 100 shot of n20 through it from 129K -148K religously and the motor held great with no problems. I just lifted the gaskets with 12 #'s of boost and my motor has come apart now for the first time and it looks great inside for 160K. I want to be able to tell people that these 5.0's are strong as hell and don't be afraid to mod it b/c of high mileage i.e blower/n2o/turbos. So now my motor is a guinea pig for the 5.0 owners around here. I have a motor awaiting its new home in my engine bay but I will run this one until it cracks or explodes.
I'm installing a boost cooler and we will see how much more power I will pick up with that and I have a ProCharger intercooler being fabbed up by my shop.

$$$$ yeah I am running real low with an extra mouth to feed now. All my mods have become priority by what breaks or what "I need to keep it from breaking to compliment the other parts I added." :D (try that one on your wife)

• Sponsors (?)

hey all,
ive been on these boards for probably about 7 months now but never really introduced myself so i figure this is a good time.im 17 and have to pay for every penny i put into my car, which btw i just added up to be the exact amount a paid for the car($5400), :rolleyes: . i got a black with grey int. 94 gt coupe with the good ole 5.0. i have to admit when i first got my car my first plan was to put clear headlights/corners/tails but thank god i found stangnet and you all set me straight. BTw thanks for all the help you guys gave me so far, coulndt have done it with out you.

kevin

Killercanary said:
Damn JR, I didn't know you were 34, you don't look it. That's awesome you are going to do some real racing in it. In my heart I'd love to, but I just don't have the time, money, or desire to try to compete competatively. I tossed the idea around of running street stang in my 90GT, you should look into that for your notch. Its a "relatively" simple and cheap heads up class, if there is such a thing. I may still go this route, but by the time I'm ready to really race I will be so far behind the pack that they'll probably be running 11's at that point. :rolleyes:

:OT:
Sorry for not getting back to you on your email, I really appreciated it and it gave me a positive outlook on starting a family of my own as I'm having real problems with that right now... I'm just afraid of what might and will change when that happens! Hope to see you soon though at either Mason or Carlisle!

I know I still get carded for cigs! :mad: I'm glad I could give you some good advice and don't worry you have plenty of time to start your family. Enjoy life and get all you can out of it now cuz things will change for you after the child w/o you even having control of it. It's called being a parent and man do I feel a lot different but I will teach my daughter the love of the Stang as I did her Mommy. As I said before having to give up racing and other car stuff is just a myth unless it really not in your heart to go on with it. I have been taking Phoebe to the track since she was 6 months old and she loves watching the cars go down the track. :nice:

I've got a little extra mouth to feed as well, she's 19 mths old. She got her first mustang on her 1st b-day, might be made out of wood and rocks back and forth, but, still a stang. Took her grocery shopping with me earlier today, she kinda giggles when I get on it a bit, I guess the loud exhaust appeals to her, very cool. When I bought the car in 97, didn't really think it would ever see a car seat, but I was so much younger then. I remember sitting in the back seat, drunk as h@*l, havin a friend drive home from Pensacola, back seats are a sick joke, try fitting a Little Tikes playhouse in there! When I'm out in the garage tinkerin with it she either crys till she can come out with me or watches my every move, pretty cool. When she comes out with me, she goes right for my toolbox, prone to screwsticks for some reason, then pokes away at whatever I'm working on. Anyway that's some more about me, anything else, just ask, later, hef

I had to remove the pass seat so I can fit the rear facing seat in or the seat obstructs my side view. Also a good place to put the stroller and diaper bag when I have to go somewhere with her. The trunk in the verts are a joke. :D

Thanks for the welcome I've been on the board for about a year now, but have been to busy to post much with work and renovating my house. The house renovating led to not having money to work on the car, funny how those priorities go, but now I have some money saved up again and am starting to work on the car.

f you can't tell by the screen name I have a 94 5.0 vert with 5 spd, with functional or free mods so far.

Attached is a not so good picture of the car, the white stripes are gone and I am trying to decide what to do to get rid of the 4x4 look.

Thanks for all the great information.

Kinda new here. Only been posting for a few weeks now. I am 32, married with two daughters (4 & 2). Got my Mustang in 2002. Drag raced it at 8 events last year. 33 runs down the 1/4mile :nice: . Got used to the old christmas tree with the filament bulbs. Now, this year they changed to the new LED type of lights and it is kicking my @$$ :mad: But, I am having a good time. I do all my own wrenching so far including the rear gears. Planning on a drag suspension next spring ie. Lakewood Struts and Shocks and Eibach drag springs. Don't care to lower my ride. Tough enough to get in and out as is :rlaugh: . I am a 6'1" 240# white boy :p Also, want to do the H-pipe and some resonators to improve the exhaust note. Good to see so many 94-95 individuals get together :flag: .

Hey All,

I am somewhat new to the boards myself. Was a lurker for quite awhile before I actually got an account. I origionally bought my 94 vert about 9 months ago knowing nothing about the 5.0 other than it sounds mean. Since then I scoured stangnet to learn all I could. Now I am planning my own head and cam swap. I already did the upper and lower intake (doh!, should have done the whole thing at the same time.) And have done my entire suspension.

Thanks to all who post here. I have found stangnet to have been an invaluable resource for learning, and would not have been able to do any of my mods without the folks here. Thanks to all.

-greg

Welcome y'all!

We've got a little bit of everything here. We've got the show guys, and then we've got the go guys. We've got the boost(ed) gurus, and the N/A gurus.

Refrain from all threads involving cylinder heads, exhaust, and "thinking about selling my car." :D

It's always good seeing new people coming into our little "section."

Joe

94SC50: I can't fit anything in there but my bodyboard and wetsuit, anything else is a joke in our trunks

By the way...
I've been on here for like 2 months so i'm new
-Chris- 18- Southern California- University of California, Irvine- Electrical Engineering
-I too have to pay for my car- bought it beat to hell for 2800 and fixed it up to the condition you can see in my sig- total cost so far around 4500 including the purchase price. Not really any mods yet but when I get my summer job and/or sell my explorer it's on

when i first got it, i was stupid and thought that you could take out the trunk liner so i could fit my surfboard from the interior into the trunk- but where does the top go when it's down? just thought i'd tell a funny story

Hello, i've been a member for a few months now and never really introduced myself. I'm 18 and graduating from highschool and have had my 94 Black GT Coupe since i was 15. luckily i found this site when i did and the only ricer thing i did was put clear taillights on it :bang: after my friend backed into me and broke my original ones. (soon to be changed back to stock though) I live near Gainesville, Fl and go to gainesville raceway a lot, so anyone in that area give me a holla next time your headed to the track :flag:

I guess I'm new here too. I'm from Ontario Canada and come on here everyday to pass time at work. I drive a 95 Mustang with mainly exhaust mods, a lowering job, lots of stereo and a bad driving record in several cities throughout the country. As of right now i'm on military duty about to head off to the lovely land of Afghanistan, and while i'm gone, all the money I make should go towards something to push the 500 hp limit....i do believe this can be done for under 20 grand (Canadian dollars, that is). Actually I'm sure it can be done....any other insane suggestions for what I should do when I come home????

Hi gents! Started posting only recently after I discovered the 94-95 specific. Used to just tap the 5.0 resources but found most of you guys in here are extremely knowledgable and now I am more quick to consult the experts here before going to any dealership or parts store. A little about myself... hmmmmm. Well, I'm a U.S. Marine stationed at Camp Lejeune, NC about to transfere out to Cali. I orginally hail from Florida where my family lives. Owned 2 Mustangs thus far and got great ambitions for this one that hopefully one day will come to light with the help of you guys. My ultimate goal is to have a naturally aspirated 351W stroker built and installed before going to any further mods. Once again "Hello" and it's great to be here! :flag:
JJ

Been here about 2-months.Great board for info.
Drive a few toys, 95 cobra Tri-axe 3.73 gears, steda springs, bilstiens, steda sub frames steda c/c plates.Heads and cam next spring along with exhaust(undecided on which brand).
02-S2000 Wheels, exhaust, CAI.
88-VW Scirocco- Wheels, springs,struts,swaybars ect.ect.

woot.gif
SN Rocks!
Nice to meet all of you! :flag:

I'll admit, before this site, I was brutally entangled in the Mustangworld habit of going there to see all these cars that I couldn't find the owner of, had I needed answers....I found this place, and you guys, besides having some of the nicest stangs I've seen on the net, can actually interact with people when they have questions. Cudo's to my first mustang forum.....(I never did use the MW forum) Thanks for all the humour and good advice.

94SC50 said:
The Towers? Are they the new Condos off of Oakland Park Blvd and A1A or the ones before Sunrise? I left FTL in 2001.

No, The Tower SHoppes of Davie. The plaza is located at University Drive and I-595. A hundred plus people go there and show off their cars..There are stangs, vettes, oldies, trucks, pt cruisers, and of course ricers!

EMBER GHOST: Welcome and good luck with the car find.

RC

Status
Not open for further replies.