New Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires

• Sponsors (?)

Good to hear. How much? These were on my list until a flat in Jan required four new tires that day, and Goodyear Eagles were the first ones available! They're fine, but not what I planned.

Good to hear. How much? These were on my list until a flat in Jan required four new tires that day, and Goodyear Eagles were the first ones available! They're fine, but not what I planned.

I really like these new Michelins. I think they were like a thousand for the set. I bought them locally and that price included mounting, lifetime balancing and rotation. Yea, Michelins are pricey, but you get what you pay for. I've been buying Michelins for many years and I've never been unhappy with them. These new Super Sports have really reset the bar for performance tires.

I totally agree - I bought (2) two high energy's for the front of my 07 GT and they are awesome - bought them through discount tire at $225 a pop - and then brought them to a high end tire shop for install - cost like an extra $40 - but they rotated them for me ( I put the fronts to the back ) and did the exact inner rim weights like the factory - never go to diconut for install - bunch of kids ....

Unfortunately those are a little outta my price range..but have you heard much about Sumitomo HTR Z III? I'm debating between them, the Hankooks, Nittos, and Contis, either DW or DWS. I'd prefer a little more tread life, the DWS are rated highest there, but have a softer sidewall. The Hankooks and Nittos are lowest for tread life, so the Sumis almost seem about right being in the middle. I'm iffy if my beater will make it through this winter, and if the stang gets pressed in to service I'd rather have a little traction as well. I'll be running a staggered 18x9/18x10 setup if it matters.....

I posted this in another tire thread a while ago and never got a response.

I used the HTR Z3's as my "track tires" on my 07 Charger V6AWD. They did well for me, I ran a 1:58 lap at Mid Ohio! :D They were also great on the awd car for a track day I did at NJMP in the rain!

Tough to compare that with a Mustang, I know, but they had plenty of grip and lots of tread left when I traded it in for this GT.

I'm thinking about 295/45's for the rear which may limit me to the Nittos. Want that beefy old muscle car look....which size would be best to run in front?