New MotoBlue Pulleys

01White5spd

Founding Member
Nov 7, 2002
New Jersey
I was looking on rpmoutlet and now they have a separate water pump pulley and alternator pulley for the 99+ v6. I was going to just get those two pulleys without changing my crank pulley but Im not sure what belt it would use. When I called their number they said it would be the same belt as for the ASP 25% pulley(69") but that doesn't seem right to me. I asked if they would guaranty that the belt would work with it and they said no because the supervisor wouldn't be in until Monday.
So, I'm wondering if there is anyway to figure out what size belt it would use or if anyone has used those pulleys and knows the difference in belt size.

• Sponsors (?)

01White5spd said:
I forgot to post a link to the page:

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv6asp.htm

I love RPM Outlet, but sometimes I wonder if they just have a bunch of kids workin down there. I dealt with them several times and have nothin unpleasant to report, they're all friendly and knowledgeable for the most part. BUT, I hade the same question you had when I called. I explained to them that I already have the 25% pulley and was interested in a couple of the new one. My question was, "Will the belt I already have work with the addition of these pulleys?" I didn't really feel like I could get a solid answer out of'em. The guy kept telling me yes it would work, but like you said.......you're changing the size of the pulleys again, I don't see how it could work.

If you find out, let me know please.

-kyle

It might just be the same size, as the two pulleys you would be changing would be larger than the stockers in order to make those parts rotate slower. The underdrive pulley is smaller than the stocker as to rotate all the other pulleys slower.

I wouldn't think the two pulleys you are changing would be "that much" different in size, but then again, I could be wrong.

If you have a 25% reduction crank, and add two more different sized accessory pulleys, then I don't think the belt sold for the 25% crank pulley would work, but the stocker belt may.

If you don't have a 25% reduction, and install the two pulleys for the accessories, then I would think the belt they sell for the 25% pulley would work.

In either case, just change out the pulleys, see where the tensioner sits, if it's between safe marks. If it isn't, cut the belt and measure the difference. Go to an autoparts store and get a new one.