New Mustang 5.0 beats Camaro on the strip.

• Sponsors (?)

I'd love to say that this will finally shut the LSX nug huggers up, but I doubt it. Waiting for the "all you have to do is swap out heads, add a cam, a tune, blah, blah, blah....pushrods rule" stupidity to start. :rolleyes:

In any case, way to go Ford. :nice:

I agree. They have consistently done better with less and have managed to not go bankrupt, but rather made a really good name for themselves in this economy.

It's better to have a bit less and have quality than quantity in this case...as in cubes :D

I'd love to say that this will finally shut the LSX nug huggers up, but I doubt it. Waiting for the "all you have to do is swap out heads, add a cam, a tune, blah, blah, blah....pushrods rule" stupidity to start. :rolleyes:

In any case, way to go Ford. :nice:

Isn't that what we always said though when we were slower in stock form? The Camaro costs x more, so use the spare change for mods and we're faster?

Isn't that what we always said though when we were slower in stock form? The Camaro costs x more, so use the spare change for mods and we're faster?

Never crossed my mind. Mod for mod, we never had a chance going up against the LSX engines because of their displacement advantage. It took nothing short of a power adder to put any real length on the LSX engines of the past, but that isn't a problem anymore.

Now we're not only considerably faster, but with 6.2L of displacement vs our 5.0L's of displacement, considerably smaller as well. And we're still knocking their doors off. And since the cars are so evenly priced, what excuse can an LSX owner possibly have at this point? :shrug:

Never crossed my mind. Mod for mod, we never had a chance going up against the LSX engines because of their displacement advantage. It took nothing short of a power adder to put any real length on the LSX engines of the past, but that isn't a problem anymore.

Now we're not only considerably faster, but with 6.2L of displacement vs our 5.0L's of displacement, considerably smaller as well. And we're still knocking their doors off. And since the cars are so evenly priced, what excuse can an LSX owner possibly have at this point? :shrug:

None whatsoever, except that their car weighs 2 tons :rlaugh: