New Mustang drag series?

EXTRPR50

Founding Member
Oct 7, 1998
Did anyone read lately about the new drag series where it's stick only? I remember seeing it, and thought it was a cool idea. This really takes driving back to it's roots. Where someone may have a faster car, but if you shift slow, you're out. Making the lost art of shifting come in to play is great.
What do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

If I'm not mistaken isn't that what Hot Street is? It may be a different class. NMRA has one (or did have it :shrug: ) where there is a 311ci restrictions, manual trans only, and stock style rear suspension. A 310 SBF launching at 8k and shifting close to 10k really sounds amazing in person.

If I'm not mistaken isn't that what Hot Street is? It may be a different class. NMRA has one (or did have it :shrug: ) where there is a 311ci restrictions, manual trans only, and stock style rear suspension. A 310 SBF launching at 8k and shifting close to 10k really sounds amazing in person.

Hot Street in NMRA is just an all motor class, more or less dominated by autos, but Bob Hanlon has made his small motor stick car a contender in that class. Real Street is a 311 ci, power adder class that requires sticks only, and runs well into the 9s.

I love stick shift drag racing and have raced in a few stick shift only classes (at etown and a few local races). Most people can point an auto car down the end of the track, but to go out there and slam gears takes just a little more.:nice:

Hot Street in NMRA is just an all motor class, more or less dominated by autos, but Bob Hanlon has made his small motor stick car a contender in that class. Real Street is a 311 ci, power adder class that requires sticks only, and runs well into the 9s.

I love stick shift drag racing and have raced in a few stick shift only classes (at etown and a few local races). Most people can point an auto car down the end of the track, but to go out there and slam gears takes just a little more.:nice:

Real Street! That's it! I didn't really think it was Hot Street when I was typing that and I wondered about Real Street. Thanks for setting me straight.

Real Street is fun class to watch for sure.