New Mustang Gt Owner And First Time Poster With A Question

Bulldog7

Jun 8, 2015
I recently bought a 97 GT, drove it for a week no drips or any problems. A few days back I went to one of those 15 minute oil change places and had them put in 5W20 synthetic since my original choice was 5W30 synthetic. Now, I'm getting about a drop per hour to two hours leak on my garage floor. Engine to my knowledge is running fine other than that. What should I do at this point? Is this a major concern? Kind of bummed !

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Bro Congrats on the new ride and welcome to Stangnet!. Now getting to your ?'s.. #1 NEVER EVER TAKE YOUR CAR TO JIFFY LUBE, QUICK LUBE, OR ANY OF THOSE QUICK OIL CHANGE PLACES!!, #2 Are you positive that there was not any kind of leaks prior to going to the quick lube??.. #3 Make sure that everything is tight and secure like another poster commented the Drain Plug, Oil Filter and even the Oil Filler Cap make sure that is tightened as well. #4 Quickie Lube shops are known for using CHEAP CRAP Oil/Oil Filters!.. So go down to your local Walmart/Auto parts store and grab some Mobil 1 Full Synthetic, Castrol Edge Synthetic, or something known to be of good quality and run either 5w20 or 5w30 weights. Use a good oil filter like Motorcraft fl-820s ( Fords brand and came on cars from the factory ), or use a Wix #51372, Bosch Premium #3410 those are affordable in the $3-$5 range and are good will do the job. Fyi the very first thing you should do is check and make sure everything is tight and secure and even go over it twice cause things happen and it's good to be 100% positive! Good luck man! Cheers :).

Reactions: 1 user