New Mustang

Alright....now that its the day after, I just reread some of my last post and although I still stand by the points I've made, it probably came off a little more sarcastic than it needed to be. Sorry folks. :D

Don't apologize...you pretty much hit it on the head.:nice:

Now, if you meant to post this apology in the thread about the Viper engine in the SN95, then you should apologize.:D

• Sponsors (?)

Oh, I would also like to say that the gauges in the SN are also much better. Interior looks better too. But whatever, I'm not going to change your mind, so what's the point. I'm 5' 7", practically a midget, but I have had plenty of friends who were 6' plus and never complained about the head room in their Mustang. The S197 is a big ugly car, and it could wipe my ass for me, I don't care. I don't buy muscle cars to be more complicated.

Kurt

Oh, I would also like to say that the gauges in the SN are also much better. Interior looks better too. But whatever, I'm not going to change your mind, so what's the point. I'm 5' 7", practically a midget, but I have had plenty of friends who were 6' plus and never complained about the head room in their Mustang. The S197 is a big ugly car, and it could wipe my ass for me, I don't care. I don't buy muscle cars to be more complicated.

Kurt

So nothing really to add then? :shrug:

i like the new mustang very much, and i love the idea of having a 30 mpg 300 hp motor in it, even if it is just a v6. i bet it still makes for a very fun daily driver. and you guys probably know me well enough by now to know that i am all about driving my car on the street and not the track. that sounds like a car i could and would drive every day.

i could even see myself in one of them (a vert of course) if i have the money in a few years. if that means i'm an old fart now, so be it :shrug:

You are. Pull up a rocker, welcome to the club!:D

It's pretty amusing to watch this...I've never seen this much dislike of the SN197s on the vintage Mustang sites. I never realized that the Fox guys (and I guess SN95 as well) didn't like the new body style.

While I'm not real pumped about the rear end of the 2010, I really like the new ones. My son's got an 06 V6, and it's a blast to drive. It's also ripe for modding, and I don't think it feels much bigger than my 95 (most of the difference to me feels like the fact that his has a top, and mine doesn't).

Someone ranted earlier that the EcoBoost was going to kill the V8. I'd bet large amounts of cash that that isn't going to happen in the foreseeable future. But having a V6 that can turn out 300hp is a nice addition!

I've actually been seriously considering a V6 for my next project. With the right FI, tuning, suspension, and handling mods, I can see it being a real surprise to the GT owners (and all the mulletheads in their camaros)!

.....and yes, bigger was a necessity. At 6’3”, I don’t comfortably fit in either a Fox body, or an SN95. Sure I could tilt the seat back and get away with it like I did in my last Fox for 6-years, but I was always either look out the top of the windshield, banging my knees off the dash/consol, or elbows against the door panels and quite frankly felt claustrophobic in the car 90% of the time. And that was after altering the shift handle and modifying the seat tracks to lengthen their travel. Truth be told.....anyone over about 5’10” needs to make serious compromises just to drive the older models.

I know you were going over the top to prove a point, but im 6'3" and my 95 doesnt make me feel claustrophobic. :shrug:

Someone ranted earlier that the EcoBoost was going to kill the V8. I'd bet large amounts of cash that that isn't going to happen in the foreseeable future. But having a V6 that can turn out 300hp is a nice addition!

I've actually been seriously considering a V6 for my next project. With the right FI, tuning, suspension, and handling mods, I can see it being a real surprise to the GT owners (and all the mulletheads in their camaros)!

Unfortunately you're not gonna surprice the mulletheads. They are already used to it. Their v6 little brother already cranks out 300. ;)

I know you were going over the top to prove a point, but im 6'3" and my 95 doesnt make me feel claustrophobic. :shrug:

I actually wasn't going over the top with that part of the description. That was bang on how it was. If you don't feel claustrophobic in yours, that's fine....as long as you don't try to convince me that you actually drive with your seat in the full upright position and aren't continuously looking through the tint of the top part of your windshield when you drive.

I hopped into my friends '94 just the other day and that's exactly what it was like. Not to mention the ability to straighten my legs while seated was nonexistent with the power seat. I would imagine a manual seat adjust would offer slightly less height and possibly a little more leg room, but not by a lot.

To be frank, her ’94 felt smaller than my Fox did. :shrug:

I don't have the desire to sit perfectly straight up in any car....and that includes my Durango. It's just not comfortable for my back.

Isn't the average height like 5'11"? Being on the taller side of that, I don't expect headroom to be at a premium at a 90* angle.

I hate foxes. Inside and out. (I appreciate the nice ones...but nothing about them makes me say "wow".

Now, if you meant to post this apology in the thread about the Viper engine in the SN95, then you should apologize.:D
:lol: Best thing I have read on here in a long time. :lol:

Boys, boys, boys.....I would first have to be wrong (or at the very least proven wrong) about anything I said in that thread, would I not? ;)

Kurt

wow. everyone is entitled to their own opinion but yours differs from mine a whole lot. 05 up cars are awesome, even if you dont care for the styling. these cars are quite superior to the earlier years. i love all mustangs but after driving a 197 car, i have even more respect for them. stops better, accelerates better, rides smoother, clutch engagement & shifting is like butter.

have you driven one?

In comparison to what could have been with a Ford powerplant under the hood....absolutely. ;)

Huh? :rolleyes: Isnt the definition of nose heavy.... something like...i dunno....where there is a lot more weight towards the front of the car?

Find 1 car in this section that makes it look overweight, but puts up HALF the power, and has a better ratio front to back of weight. I'll even extend the search to the corral's 94-95 section.

In all seriousness, you're gonna need a fox to make that sn95 look OVERweight.

You're a smart guy man, dont let your hatred for foreign engine swaps take that away LOL :p

:grouphug:

Huh? :rolleyes: Isnt the definition of nose heavy.... something like...i dunno....where there is a lot more weight towards the front of the car?

Find 1 car in this section that makes it look overweight, but puts up HALF the power, and has a better ratio front to back of weight. I'll even extend the search to the corral's 94-95 section.

In all seriousness, you're gonna need a fox to make that sn95 look OVERweight.

You're a smart guy man, dont let your hatred for foreign engine swaps take that away LOL :p

:grouphug:

So you still choose to ignore the weight differences provided between the two engines? The near 200lb difference in mass I had proven between a Viper engine and a stroked aluminum block/aluminum headed 351W are quite significant....argue preferences all you'd like, but the facts are indisputable.

I at no point ignored the fact that the owner of the vehicle did well with reducing the overall weight of the vehicle and maintaining a workable balance of its distribution between the front and rear....but the very fact that the example of the stroked 351W stated above makes as much power and knocks nearly 200lbs more weight off of the front of the nose of the car, thus improving power/ratio and balance considerably more still, proves that it would have been the better option from a performance standpoint right from the get go.

...but then he as much as stated he was building the car to be different, not for best performance now didn't he? And I stated many times throughout the course of the thread that I wasn't knocking the idea of the builder wanting something different and unique (although yourself a a couple of others seem to continually ignore that point), but I don't know how many times I have to prove that its far from being the "better" alternative? :shrug:

...and my dislike for cross breeding Mustangs with LSX/Mopar, etc powertrains has zero to do with my level of intelligence. Just like I like pepperoni and mushrooms on my pizza, I just personally prefer to see a Ford engine in a Ford vehicle.

If it makes you feel better to spin the truth and twist my words around in attempts to downplay and ignore facts provided, in order to satisfy your personal desire to win an argument, have at it. Just remember, I've provided solid backing for my points....it is you who would rather play ring around the rosy with the same irrelevant points that were never brought into question by me in the first place. :shrug:

In the end...opinions are subject to scrutiny, but the facts are simply the facts! :)
Dear God,
Please keep this debate going for if nothing else my own personal entertainment.

Amen.

Anything to keep going the "hit and run" comments from the peanut gallery I suppose. ;)