New O/R H and CEL question.

Drew0318

Aug 15, 2008
Chicago, IL
I just installed a MAC O/R H on the Saleen and I love it. However, the MIL eliminators I got from Late Model Restoration were wrong. They sent two lefts, instead of one each L/R. So I left them both off, for now.

That said, the CEL light hasn't popped up yet, is there a certain amount of time before it does? I've driven it about 30 miles since install.

Secondly, is there any risk driving it around until I get the MIL thing sorted out with LMR?

The car has a camera mount bar installed in it, I might try to get a little clip, at the very least, some audio.

At 3000, it's obnoxious as hell, the way nature intended.

• Sponsors (?)

sand away the tabs on the o2 sensor and mil eliminator on one side..one side should fit without modification and the other one you need to sand or cut the tabs off of

I was trying to leave all the original parts unmolested. I thought about the sanding/grinding trick on the one, but I'd rather not.

In another month, the car will be put in storage anyway until April or so, so I'll probably just wait until then and get an SCT/etc and disable them anyway.

I might add a pulley change at that time too. That's the beauty of winter, you get to dream up all kinds of **** for 4-5 months and let it kill you inside because you can't do dick about it. :)

I wasn't giving them anything, I was just saying it seemed like there should be a left and right, like the sensors and it could have been something as simple as just grabbing two lefts from the bin and putting it in the bag.

I'm going to call them tomorrow and clarify, regardless. If that's the case, it was a simple mistake.

no, what i'm saying is that they are both suppose to be the same. One side will require modificatioin, they didn't send you the wrong ones

I'm not trying to be an ass btw lol

err...i'm trying to think back..i think i ended up having to grind both the mil AND the o2 sensor sides. don't worry, those tabs are useless..even if you don't use the MIL eliminators, the o2 sensor will still hold to the factory piece with out the tabs.

If you've ever bought aftermarket sensors, they don't come with the tabs..atleast the Bosch don't

I was trying to leave all the original parts unmolested. I thought about the sanding/grinding trick on the one, but I'd rather not.

In another month, the car will be put in storage anyway until April or so, so I'll probably just wait until then and get an SCT/etc and disable them anyway.

I might add a pulley change at that time too. That's the beauty of winter, you get to dream up all kinds of **** for 4-5 months and let it kill you inside because you can't do dick about it. :)

Be aware that with the canned tunes in tuners now you cannot turn off the O2's or change any OBDII settings. You can still have them turned off with a custom tune though.

I drove around for a while before my CEL came on and before I got MIL eliminators. If you want to save some $$$, there's a pretty nice write-up on my site on how to make your own. It's simple and works, I've had a bunch of people tell me they work.