New Paint job along with new hood/bumper.. etc

joshheat25

Nov 8, 2004
Delaware
Well I finally got my car back after 7 weeks at the body shop. I love the paint job on the car. It looks really good, but thier assembly on the front end and getting it right was poor.:mad:
When I first saw the car the rear spoiler was at the most awful angle because they filled in some holes, but forgot to drill out the set holes and decided to just leave it that way. so I told them to fix that. also I told them to get the gaps on the hood closer and the did a little bit but they still aren't right. I didn't notice that the front end was down or I wouldn't have taken the car, but you figure that they did things right!.. wrong

The front header unit was way down causing a gap yea a gap between the headlights and the front fenders. so looking on at the headlights there was a slight gap at the top where the rubber flange is... Now maybe the header unit dropped because the header unit thats on the car isn't exactly the same as the original. The front foam bumper support is just laying in between the bumper and metal support not attached or anything. so I have a wedge underneath the header on top of the front metal bumper support to hold it up. I also had to move the two pins where the front bumper attaches to the header unit by the hood, back.. the bolts on the hood were loose by the windshield. the gaps between the hood and fenders were uneven and not straight. The horn is a different horn or something it sounds like a tricicle horn. they didn't paint the front edge of my side scoops. Long story short they did a rush job because after 5 weeks I went up there to expect my car the be ready for paint, and only a few hours of work had been done. So I told them to finish my car.
One of my friends referred me to this shop. I am pretty frustrated about this and spend the last two nights working on the car.
I go tomorrow to get the car inspected. Here are some pics.

dsc01632on1.th.jpg

dsc01636dr2.th.jpg

dsc01650ex7.th.jpg
dsc01643rs2.th.jpg

dsc01647fh8.th.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

take it to them til they fix it right. if you paid for one thing to be done dont settle for a slack job. When i got my other car painted they had to re-spray several spots and fix several things. We'd go to pick it up, find something else they missed or a mistake they made from attempting to repair it the first time. Long story short they ended up paying for alot of the repair out of pocket because they broke several parts out of anger that could have simply been fixed. but in the end it was right.

take it to them til they fix it right. if you paid for one thing to be done dont settle for a slack job. When i got my other car painted they had to re-spray several spots and fix several things. We'd go to pick it up, find something else they missed or a mistake they made from attempting to repair it the first time. Long story short they ended up paying for alot of the repair out of pocket because they broke several parts out of anger that could have simply been fixed. but in the end it was right.

That was my mistake I took it from them didn't catch the mistake. I wish I had another vehicle. the longer I let my car sit there the more $$ in rental car fees I have to pay so I'm sorta screwed. I fixed it already, I'm a firm believe in what goes around comes around soo... :shrug: