New paint, new hood, new sides, new rear, NEW PICS!

h0oligan

Jan 18, 2003
Just got the stang back from the painter and couldn't resist posting a few pics, so here you go. As you can tell from the pics, i had the trunk lid shaved, along with the badges, and the sideviews painted. I'm sure you guys know what hood and side skirts those are, but the rear is the y2k stalker style rear. Tell me what you think. These are just a few; there are a bunch more on my cardomain homepage in my sig, if you want to check those out too.

418079_46_full.jpg

418079_31_full.jpg

418079_44_full.jpg

418079_40_full.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I didn't expect a lot of people to like the rear bumper, but I love it so it's not a big deal. I just wanted to something different like i did with the front because not a lot of people have these parts. And, i thought the regular saleen rear would look too high with the front bumper being so low.

Couple more:

418079_34_full.jpg

418079_30_full.jpg

BlueOvalStangGT said:
HOT! Is that a Cobra y2k hood with no cowl? All the ones ive seen have the 3" cobra rr hood and then the vents which IMO is too big and i dont like the 2 bumps. where did you get it and hows the fitment?

Yeah, it's a y2k cobra r hood and does have a 3" cowl. I got it from cervinis because of the same reason you said. I didn't want the two sets of lines on my hood. This hood has more a "bubbled" cowl, so the lines are not as harsh. I knew cervinis made this hood like that so I got it from them.

95BLKGT5.0 said:
Very nice they did a great job. You must feel great driving that stang around. Now get to a car show.
When I get mine painted I am going to shave the trunk like you have done but will also shave the trunk lock and 3rd break light. :nice:

Yeah, i was thinking about doing the brake light and lock too, but I think that's all it needs and mainly I wanted to keep the cost down. Make sure to post some pics when you get that done. As for the car show, i got it covered; I'll be in this local cruise night/car show on monday and hopefully I can get in the one at Mustangs unlimited on the 12th. I think it might be just a power show though and i need a lot of work in that dept.

h0oligan said:
Yeah, it's a y2k cobra r hood and does have a 3" cowl. I got it from cervinis because of the same reason you said. I didn't want the two sets of lines on my hood. This hood has more a "bubbled" cowl, so the lines are not as harsh. I knew cervinis made this hood like that so I got it from them.

can you get more pics of the hood and how much was it?