NEW PAINT PICS...Finally!

rel3rd

Founding Member
Nov 1, 2002
Baltimore, MARYLAND
I finally got a chance (and some SUN) to get some fresh pics of my newly painted 94 GT. Paint is Chrome Yellow, with Gold Pearl...3 stage paint...I got it back the other day, but haven't gotten home from work early enough to get any pics...Here's a "sneak peek"...As you can see, I changed my mind about flames. I think the YELLOW makes a bold enough statement, lol...

site1082.jpg

Here's the rest....

http://home.comcast.net/~rel3rd/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

Click on the PHOTO link...Unfortunately, you'll have to scroll to the bottom of each page and click ahead until you get to the final 11 paint pics I took today...

• Sponsors (?)

THanks Joe. The painter/body man is a good friend of mine. He's had the car since late October, but you're right, he did it right...He took it on as a "side job" and worked on it as time permitted, that's why it took so long, but I am happy with the finished product... :banana:

Bob, it looks great. I was wondering if you were ever going to get it done... obviously the wait was worth it. I absolutely LOVE pearl applied to our yellow cars, it looks SO cool. So will you be ready to line up against me in april now!?!? :D

Killercanary said:
Bob, it looks great. I was wondering if you were ever going to get it done... obviously the wait was worth it. I absolutely LOVE pearl applied to our yellow cars, it looks SO cool. So will you be ready to line up against me in april now!?!? :D

Thanks Paul...as for lining up...you never know, lol...I just installed my new PMS today and it's already made the car act "right"....about time, huh??

Thanks for the compliments everyone! I appreciate it. :nice:

Thanks guys! :nice:

As for price, he quoted another friend a ballpark estimate of between 5 & 6 grand for the same job on his 95 Cobra...
As for what it cost me...lots of labor :rlaugh:
He has a few sweet rides himself that I am either doing the mods to, or doing an occassional mechanical job at his body shop in trade. I know nothing about bodywork/paint, and he isn't that experienced with performance mods, so it has (and will) work out very well.
So far on his car I've installed a stall converter, a Nitrous Works plate system, an MSD (complete) ignition to compliment the nitrous, and a complete stand-alone fuel system for the nitrous. Made it go from a low 13 second car to a low 11 second car. :D I also just did a complete rear rebuild on one of his customer's vehicles...
I'm his mechanic for life.... :owned: LOL...
We're good friends and he always takes care of me, and I try to do the same for him...He had the car over two months, but as you can see by the pictures, there wasn't any shortcuts taken, and he did my car as if I was paying that 5 or 6 grand....I'm definitely pleased with the results, and don't regret cancelling the flames at all...