New Parts, new problums!

Striker169

May 28, 2004
New Parts, New Problems!

Ok so I have a 1972 Mustang Grande, 351 Clevland, auto, AC, the works. I got it for $5250 and it only had 10,763 miles, YES that is 10K miles. It came with a 2 barrel carb so I decided I wanted to replace that because the old one was just crapping out from sitting in a garage for 18 years. So I buy a new 4 barrel carb and the adapters dont fit that go 4-2 barrel intake. So I go out and get a 4 barrel Edelbrock Performer Intake. Put that in and I checked the engine and you can tell it really only did have 10K miles! Ok so I put it on and then put the carb on, put the ford automatic throttle adapter (part #1483) and the automatic trany kickback is on there, but now my thottle gets in way of that and it doesnt want to hook up right. :( So my question is now what what do I need to do to get this to hook up right??? :shrug: Without the kickback adapter it fit perfectly but with it doesnt want to. ALSO vacum hoses, I messed up and forgot to lable them, anyone have a similar setup or just a setup with an edelbrock carb that I can maybe figure out how to install the vacum lines on which goes on what and where. And it is an electric choke, and do you think that I can run the power from the coil? or do I need to find another place to tap for the power?

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

Thanks in advace.

• Sponsors (?)