New Parts Now Shifting Funny

BigJFl

Sep 16, 2016
Hopefully I can get some help with this. It is a 90 convert. Gt automatic with only 60 thousand miles. I just installed a e303 cam, new throttle body spacer and throttle body converted to electric fans and did the basics like timing set and water pump. now the car is up shifting too early. Also doesn't seem to down shift until the car has completely stopped. I checked the fluid looks great and TV cable has no slack. It feels like a manual transmission when the rpm is low and foot off the gas the vehicle starts to buck. any suggestions out there.

• Sponsors (?)

I really think its the tv cable adjustment. When you changed throttle body the new one might not have the tv cable connection in exactly the same spot as the original, thus changing the cable tension. Also might want to verify that the cable has the proper grommet where it attaches to the throttle body. You could try adding a little more tension on the cable and see if that changes things and if it does you will need to have the cable set up properly.

I really think its the tv cable adjustment. When you changed throttle body the new one might not have the tv cable connection in exactly the same spot as the original, thus changing the cable tension. Also might want to verify that the cable has the proper grommet where it attaches to the throttle body. You could try adding a little more tension on the cable and see if that changes things and if it does you will need to have the cable set up properly.

It did come with a bushing that did not want to fit in the bracket so I had to do some grinding to get it to fit it does have a little slop there but the cable I adjusted to take out the slack.. disn't think having a little play would make that much difference