New Pics, Lets see your 2.3's too!!

• Sponsors (?)

I'm envious of you hatchback people :rolleyes: So pretty.

Oh well...here is what I come up with in my mess of pictures.

88' LX 46,000 miles. Needs some work. I've cleaned up the engine bay considerably since this pic but the body looks worse now. (the last person that had it painted must have got a really ****ty paint job because I notice something new everytime I look at the car)

Best picture I can find. My friend's stang in the background.
3.jpg

My beautiful engine bay. Yes thats steam :rlaugh: :cheers:
2.jpg

Getting washed :nice:
1.jpg

aagh... I might as well

Painted 10 holes
10hole.jpg

Inside
ishot3.jpg

rightunder.jpg

Engine
engine2.jpg

Grassview
rightside.jpg

Attachments

• 10hole.jpg
    10hole.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 80
  • rightside.jpg
    rightside.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 73
  • engine2.jpg
    engine2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 88
  • rightunder.jpg
    rightunder.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 73
  • ishot3.jpg
    ishot3.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 91
here is my SVO.

DSC03927.jpg

DSC03954.jpg

DSC04003.jpg

I guess I could add that those were professionally taken, and the car will be featured in a "car Tech" book coming out in or around Oct. :nice:

Attachments

• DSC04003.jpg
    DSC04003.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC03954.jpg
    DSC03954.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC03927.jpg
    DSC03927.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 86
Ill give you guys the sad rundown of my 91 :( R.I.P.

Well I had a 91 Hatch 5spd ... bought it for $500, and it was in awesome shape with about 150,000 kilometres on it.

It went through two years of hell essentially, it was my daily driver, and got about 150k a day. Motor never failed me, it went through two front end accidents, both not my fault, but of course I ended up getting screwed each time. It still ran fine when it went to the yard, but considering the shape it was in, it was time to let it go ... Rust was just taking over faster than I could fix it. The plan was to finishe painting it flat black, (and fix the rust along the way) but the tranny blew for the second time, and it just wasn't worth fixing it again (car had 300,000k on it when it died).

These are the last pics I took of it, waiting for the tow truck to come and pick it up.

91LX - 1.jpg

91LX - 3.jpg

91LX - 4.jpg

Mind you it was really nice when I first got it ...

91LX - 6.jpg

91LX - 7.jpg

And the blue 99 is what replaced it ... I love it so far ... it came with the wheels, they do have to go asap, but I spent my $$ on the car so i've got to wait for next year :nice:

91LX - 8.jpg

91LX - 9.jpg