New pics of my notch and updates!!

orangecapri

Dec 16, 2002
Alden, KS
Heres some new pics of my 86 notch after ive done a few things. I painted the window trim black instead of chrome and it turned out alot better. Got the interior all together, new headliner and everything. This motor pic is old, but since this one, ive put trick flow valve springs on the heads, had a valve job done on the gt40p's while i had them off, put the fms ac delete on it, put a holley 110gph fuel pump on it, put a new air cleaner on it, polished the ac delete bracket and the belt tensioner, and I got it all back together and it made a ticking noise. Turned out there was 2 collapsed lifters, probably from the valve float with the old stock valve springs on there. I ordered new ford roller lifters Wednesday so they should be here Monday. I also picked up some m/t et drags so maybe ill have traction now and get my 12.

The short time I had it together after doing the valve springs, valve job, and fuel pump, it pulled alot harder. It used to only pull to 5k rpm's and die off because of either running out of fuel or valve float and after doing this, it pulled past 5500rpm's and kept pulling to the 6k rev limiter. I cant wait to bring it back up to Wichita here pretty soon, but the first time ill race it will probably be the shelby/ford show in Great Bend since its coming up.

Anyways on to the pics.
2355261_63_full.jpg

2355261_67_full.jpg

2355261_70_full.jpg

2355261_72_full.jpg

2355261_65_full.jpg

2355261_66_full.jpg

Heres an old pic for referance of the chrome trim.
2355261_62_full.jpg

2355261_3_full.jpg

Hope you guys like it.

• Sponsors (?)

Will do. Ill get new motor pics up once I get it back up and running. Ive also removed the vacuum tree off the firewall and made it alot cleaner. After getting it running, next thing to do is get it in the 12's. It went 13.7@100 on street tires pedaling it in second and chirping 3rd, crappy plug wires, stock valve springs floating at 5k, stock fuel pump, and a moving throttle cable bracket. 12's are there with the new stuff, just need to take it to the track and get it done.

:Eh.. I was a little more partial towards the chrome.. being that it brought out the rims.. or the rims brought the trim out:shrug: .. But either way I love the black trim also:nice: My '86 rocks the chrome trim w Welds like your's.. Don't know which way to go when I paint my car.. Guess we'll have to see.. Anyway once again. .BEAUTIFUL CAR:nice: :SNSign: