New pics of my Sonic Blue '03 Cobra

Just an update on things.....I'm getting ready for a JLT true CAI, Billetflow 2.76 pulley and dyno tune, I should be around 460-470 rwhp after that. I still miss my Fox from time to time, but this is a whole different beast. Enjoy..

cobra65ui.jpg

motor4yb.jpg

cobra57zd.jpg

I was cruising with this Ford GT as well for a while, we would occasionally both get on the gas at the same time, and the sound was just incredible. Sorry for the pic quality I took it on my camera phone.

fordgt8jc.jpg

Attachments

• cobra65ui.jpg
    cobra65ui.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 56
  • motor4yb.jpg
    motor4yb.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 83
  • cobra57zd.jpg
    cobra57zd.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 54
  • fordgt8jc.jpg
    fordgt8jc.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 49
  • Sponsors (?)

grey5.0beast said:
but is your eaton ported?
Haha nope.

All I have done to the car is MAC longtubes, Dr. Gas Xscream O/R X, Dr. Gas Catback, and I also got the rear diff brace from Billetflow. The stock air intake is holding back some hp. But even so, for only having exhaust work done this thing hauls a good amount of ass. My friend Howard had a ported Eaton that made 500 rwhp and it was pretty sick. The crazy thing about these cars is that they drive somewhat normally until you decide to drop your right foot. The power comes on so effortlessly too. Like with my H/C/I Fox, there wasn't much leeway with the power, it was like on or off lol. But with the modular motors the power comes on a little bit higher in the rpm range (3500-4000 is the SWEET spot), but once it does, hold the hell on. They rev out to about 7K rpm too, although I've never taken mine to the limiter.

WhiteHeat306 said:
Thanks for the compliments....

Speeds8 - I know a guy who just put a Whipple on his '04 and he's making 630rwhp and 600rwtq. He drives it like everyday too lol. But unless you are running 19+ lbs. of boost, a ported Eaton is just fine.

Alot of people I know have Cobras and why not run 19 psi? Even a Whipple or KB at 17 psi will make more power than a ported eaton. The ported eatons making big power or running good numbers at the track are usually cooled down with ice in the tank and everything.

My buddy has the record for the fastest eaton no nitrous IRS car and was a BIG Eaton pusher, he had nitrous too but finally went to a KB 2.4 and has run 106 in the 1/8 vs 105 for his old setup. He did run 6.9@101 on the Eaton with no nitrous but he had to WORK for it.

I have riden in everything from pullied bolton cars, to KB 2.2's, to ported eatons, to ported eatons with nitrous, to non ported eatons with nitrous, to KB 2.4's to Whipples lol.

It's not hard to make big power with those cars and drive them daily and easily. Whipple or turbo! :eek:

Oh no doubt positive displacement blowers make great great power. If money was no object I'd slap one on. There are cheaper ways to go though....I know a guy who ran a 10.34 on a ported Eaton with a 60 shot, full weight stock suspension (on slicks). Like Speeds8 said before though, cooling mods are a MUST when you start to get into porting and upper and lower pulley combos, heat is the big enemy. Once you get into really high boost applications though, Whipple or KB is the only way to go. Nitrous setups are sick on Terminators though, they are a nasty combo with a good tune. But no matter what route you go, I'd recommend a Cobra to anyone, the power potential is seriously ridiculous, plus you get the practicality of a car you can drive pretty much every day. It's so weird not having to look at my gauges every 30 seconds and worrying about something messing up like I did on my Fox. Today for instance, I turned on the A/C up high, listened to my 6-disc CD player, and relaxed in the supportive seats on my way home from work. But all that aside, I still love Foxes :hail2: .

WhiteHeat306 said:
Oh no doubt positive displacement blowers make great great power. If money was no object I'd slap one on. There are cheaper ways to go though....I know a guy who ran a 10.34 on a ported Eaton with a 60 shot, full weight stock suspension (on slicks). Like Speeds8 said before though, cooling mods are a MUST when you start to get into porting and upper and lower pulley combos, heat is the big enemy. Once you get into really high boost applications though, Whipple or KB is the only way to go. Nitrous setups are sick on Terminators though, they are a nasty combo with a good tune. But no matter what route you go, I'd recommend a Cobra to anyone, the power potential is seriously ridiculous, plus you get the practicality of a car you can drive pretty much every day. It's so weird not having to look at my gauges every 30 seconds and worrying about something messing up like I did on my Fox. Today for instance, I turned on the A/C up high, listened to my 6-disc CD player, and relaxed in the supportive seats on my way home from work. But all that aside, I still love Foxes :hail2: .

I have noticed the Cobras dont run like their power indicates on the dyno unless at the track being cooled down big time for a run, they lose alot with heat on the street and are pretty heavy. It's still so easy to make good power with them it's insane. There was a semi local guy who ran 10.0's with the Eaton and a BIG shot in a lightened up car, had a 9 second pass in it but finally blew up. That car was more of a drag car though. 10.3's can be done in an Eaton nitrous street car though. Usually the "60 shot" and small shot cars make ALOT more than that at the wheels if they are running real fast times.

Send the eaton to Stegmeir and get to work. :nice:

Speeds8erM-1 said:
I have noticed the Cobras dont run like their power indicates on the dyno unless at the track being cooled down big time for a run, they lose alot with heat on the street and are pretty heavy. It's still so easy to make good power with them it's insane. There was a semi local guy who ran 10.0's with the Eaton and a BIG shot in a lightened up car, had a 9 second pass in it but finally blew up. That car was more of a drag car though. 10.3's can be done in an Eaton nitrous street car though. Usually the "60 shot" and small shot cars make ALOT more than that at the wheels if they are running real fast times.

Send the eaton to Stegmeir and get to work. :nice:
Yeah I hear ya man, I eventually want to get the blower ported by Steg.

If you ever go to a track where a lot of Cobras are running, you will see most of them with bags of ice over the blower and intake tubing to try and get the IAT temps as cool as possible. Weight, heat, and the IRS are the Achilles heel of these cars. But you can accomodate for all 3 of those it just takes time and money. It's good to talk to someone who knows what they're talking about...usually it's some guy in an IROC or something lecturing me on how unsafe modded Cobras are, or how Cobras are so much slower than a stock Saleen :rolleyes:

WhiteHeat306 said:
Yeah I hear ya man, I eventually want to get the blower ported by Steg.

If you ever go to a track where a lot of Cobras are running, you will see most of them with bags of ice over the blower and intake tubing to try and get the IAT temps as cool as possible. Weight, heat, and the IRS are the Achilles heel of these cars. But you can accomodate for all 3 of those it just takes time and money. It's good to talk to someone who knows what they're talking about...usually it's some guy in an IROC or something lecturing me on how unsafe modded Cobras are, or how Cobras are so much slower than a stock Saleen :rolleyes:

Bahahaha, slower than a Saleen. Thats hillarious! They did make some Saleen Cobras but pffft the average bolton Cobra will can them bastages too. My friend goes by Broke7 on the boards, he is a moderator on modularfords.com, if you wanna learn how to get the most of out one of those cars, search for his posts. You can get a ice tank and jumper the intercooler pump while it's sitting in the pits. He was able to get 544 rwhp out of an Eaton setup without nitrous like this. It would lose some on the street though.

Those cars are insanely heavy! His was 3753 with driver at WFC last year, with a rear seat delete and skinnies up front and no front sway bar. He weighs around 190. :eek: I saw a guy on Modularfords with a turbo one post his weight the other day, 3930 or something insane with driver. My other friend's car has to be around 3900 if not 4000, he weighs 300 pounds and has a full weight Cobra.

Im not sure if you have checked out any of the videos I have posted but I have posted alot of 03 Cobra videos since last year. Do a search on my name and you will find em vs all kinds of things. :nice: