new pics

untitledvu3.jpg

Attachments

• untitledvu3.jpg
    untitledvu3.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 22
  • Sponsors (?)

Well i've gave it a few tires now, but i've got 2 little problems. One, i can't set my camera to tiff because i have a tiny ass memory card and when i do, i get to take ONE picture lol.

Second, it seems like no matter what i do, i always have too much exposure....like my camera won't get the dark pic dark enough. I've got an Olympus C-765 Ultrazoom....it's a pretty badass camera but it's a few models out of date.

I've been fooling around trying to find a good combo of exposures....one at max, one around the middle and one dead as dark as i can get it...it works but it isn't looking all that "dynamic" like some of the others i've seen...just dull and like something out of the twilight zone.

68torinogt said:
dont do the max. exposures it should range from about 2 thru -2 depending on the light it shouldnt be too dark or too light and then you need one at 0

and get a bigger memory card!!!!

I did a few of +2, 0 and -2 and they were ok, maybe it was just the sunlight effecting the exposure but it worked better when i went +2, -1.7 and -2. I tell ya one thing, my car looks like CRAAAAAAP with this method!!!! :lol:

Primer and rusted out doors need some shadows to look good lol.

Ok so i was bored and tried something different.

I took 3 pics into Photoshop and turned them to negatives, and then put them in Photomatrix....which doesn't like negatives. But, it will ask you to specify the exposure of the pics so it will do an HDR of negatives, which i did.

I didn't change any of the other settings in the HDR window other than putting it into 16bit output and then saved it. Then i took it back to Photoshop and changed the negative back over to color (basically a negative negative), and then resized.

Here's the difference between non-negative and regular Photomatrix HDR:

attachment.php

attachment.php

The top is the negative and the bottom is regular Photomatix HDR. It's a little hard to tell in the pic but it gave it this ghostly haze look...the leaves are totally crazy looking in the full size image....the shadows are really wierd too.

DAMN MAN! We've gotta hook up on Yahoo chat or something, how the hell do you get'em that vivid looking? Mine just look muddy. I guess some of it is probably my low resolution but geez.