new pins and bushings

stykthyn

I want to measure mine. It doesn't look that tall.
15 Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
gainesville
I replaced the door hinge pins and bushings on my 93 today and all I can say is wow. I am blown away by how smooth the doors travel. I didnt think they were that bad, but damn I still cant get over it. was a huge pain in the ***, but it's the best time/money I have spent on the car yet.

• Sponsors (?)

about $20 for everything. taking the old pins out was the hard part. I averaged about 1.5 hrs per door.
they dont even squeak when I open or close them now :D

OOOPS!!!The important thing to remember is that the hinge pin isn't supposed to move once you are finished. If it does, then you will end up like me - the pin moved, it wore the door hinge instead of the replaceable bushings. Now in order to fix it right, I have to remove the whole thing again and drill out the hinge to the same size as the bushing and use 2 sets of bushings in each hinge rather than one set.

The fix for the OOOPS was very time consuming and if you aren't up to some very interesting machine work, do it right so you won't have to do it again. I fixed the OOOPS but I had $43 worth of drill bit and specialized reamer plus pulling the fender off to fix it.