New rear quarter windows

sajawebb

Apr 4, 2004
Any word if the new rear windows will open? I hear that they provide better visibility than the previous version, reducing blind spots. I drive a 2001 conv v-6 with standard power windows, and I drive a 2003 ford windstar at work which has power rear windows that open outwards about 2 inches. I'm wondering if this will be the case on the 05 rear windows? would it look weird? who knows? Also I think it's an upgrade to go from a v-6 to an auto trans GT. But where does the auto GT stand as far as performance in the mustang world? I hate to shift but I know the MPG's are better.

• Sponsors (?)

sajawebb said:
Any word if the new rear windows will open? I hear that they provide better visibility than the previous version, reducing blind spots. I drive a 2001 conv v-6 with standard power windows, and I drive a 2003 ford windstar at work which has power rear windows that open outwards about 2 inches. I'm wondering if this will be the case on the 05 rear windows? would it look weird? who knows? Also I think it's an upgrade to go from a v-6 to an auto trans GT. But where does the auto GT stand as far as performance in the mustang world? I hate to shift but I know the MPG's are better.

Yeah I've seen those, but I dont think these open. But no one really knows untill you can see one at the dealer.

The bean counters at Ford have been pushing hard to get the rear side windows out of the Mustang design, for several years now. They almost won. :doh:

I doubt they will open (that will cost money), and I guess we should all be thankful there is any rear side glass at all.