New Ride

Well, I finally got rid of the mustang (it's been several weeks now). I ended up driving home a '98 eddie bauer explorer with all options and a 302 :D Have a little problem though, it's too quiet. Does anyone know of a duel exhaust conversion for these or some type of nice exhaust that will let people know this things got a V8? If anybody knows of or happens to run across one online, let me know.
-Brian

Oh, and no worries...already saving up for a nice fox body roller, got the engine, just need the car!

Attachments

• EddieBauer.jpg
    EddieBauer.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Sponsors (?)

I just picked up a truck to, but kept the 'stang. :D
Its a '01 F-150 Ex-Cab Lariat 4x4. Its has the 5.4L V8 and leather interior! I cant wait to get some dual exhaust on there and maybe a K&N intake set-up. :nice:

GtKid : that sucks about the deer!! Hopefully your insurance will cover it.

477996_70_full.jpg

477996_71_full.jpg

477996_73_full.jpg

IT'S COVERED

TheGTkid said:
insurance won't cover it cause i have basic plus glass so no colision.

I have GREAT NEWS.....providing you have Comprehensive Coverage (glass coverage/Fire/Theft)....hitting the deer is ABSOLUTELY covered!! Collision with an animal is covered under Comprehensive on a MA. Private Passenger Auto policy, subject to deductible. I am 100% positive, 27+ years insurance experience positive! Call your agent....(Martha's Vineyard Ins./ Island Ins./Edgartown Ins.) You could be insured by the Ins. Company that I work for. :nice:

TheGTkid said:
well even if i do isn't there a 500 deductible(sp)? as of right now im looking at 600-700 bucks.

Yes, like I said...the deductible does apply but, isn't $500 better than the $1,200 minimum that you thought you were going to have to pay out of pocket?? Plus, in case you were wondering, there is no State Merit Rating surcharge associated with Comprehensive claims.
MVI Ins. Group is the Agency that I thought that you may be insured with, thats who I was referring to. They are the largest and finest agency on the Island. I work for an Ins. Company and MVI is one of my favorite agents.
Good Luck with getting your Jeep repaired, it sucks!

TheGTkid said:
i live on island farms road by cronigs! yeah i park my car there when i go to town, untill my car got keyed!! :bang:

Yea I know where that is, I worked right down the hill from there @ Hinckleys/ACE. I was glad to see another mustang on the island. I saw the pics of you at the dragway...what did you run?

5ohMustang said:
Well, I finally got rid of the mustang (it's been several weeks now). I ended up driving home a '98 eddie bauer explorer with all options and a 302 :D Have a little problem though, it's too quiet. Does anyone know of a duel exhaust conversion for these or some type of nice exhaust that will let people know this things got a V8? If anybody knows of or happens to run across one online, let me know.
-Brian

Oh, and no worries...already saving up for a nice fox body roller, got the engine, just need the car!

Nice exploda! How much did you pick that up for? I love 5.0L AWD explorers. I wish I had the bread to get one. But anyways on the exhaust, if you feel that it lacks some power, thats because the exhaust manifolds opening at the primary is about the size of the tip of your pinkie finger! For real no joke. Ford designed retarded manifolds that suck the life out of that motor. The motor has GT 40ps I beleave, because with E7s Ford found it to be even more sackless. The heads was a traid off to gain back some much needed power. Ford Motorsport sells headers for it. A few people say they see a great increase in mpg and power. Mac also makes a cat back for it.

See attached pictures since we're on the topic. I bought a 96 Explorer 5.0 AWD a few months ago on ebay. I use it as a daily driver and I park my 94 'Stang in my garage for nice weather.

The Explorer gets poor gas mileage. With regards to the exhaust manifolds, wow, they seriously look like they suck power. They're inverted compared with a mustang header. I'll look into the Motorsport headers.

I thought the 5.0 explorers had gt40 heads until approx 1997 at which point, they switched to gt40p's.

Attachments

• explorer-1.jpg
    explorer-1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 68
  • explorer-2.JPG
    explorer-2.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 49