New S197 for me!

hillie16

Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Just picked up a 06 GT with only 7K on the clock. Lots of the old timers will remember me, for those that don't, I was strictly a pushrod guy. I'll be using search as much as possible, but forgive me if I ask the random dumb question....

• Sponsors (?)

Had to sleep after I brought it home, worked midnight, have court and a training in the am, then probably sleep again LOL. Pics tomorrow or the next day!

LOL, already ordered a decklid blackout panel and chrome trim for the taillights to break up all the red back there. Next up, MGW Shifter with B&M Hammerhead T-handle.

Yes it has. Exactly the look I wanted, looks even more like the late 60's stangs that I love so much!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• newstang1.jpg
    newstang1.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 162
  • newstang4.jpg
    newstang4.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 161
I think you will be surprised on how easy the cars are to actually work on. Basic mods such as axleback exhaust could be done by a 15 year old due to it being only a few bolts. The same goes for a intake/programmer combo ;)

That's the part that scares me, is having to retune for so many changes. I changed all kinds of stuff on my old 5.0 without having to touch a tuner.

Damn Hillie, these newer cars are bringing back the old timers.....

I have to say though, that even the old cars could have benefited from a tune. You can get away with a lot with an EECIV, but even with them, a proper tune would make more power.

Anyway, nice car and have fun with it!

I'm already having tons of fun with it. It's gonna be my daily driver for at least the next year or two, so I'm not gonna do too much modding, plus there are still 2 years left on the extended warranty.

I haven't posted here in a long time either. Got rid of my Fox a few years ago and recently got the Mustang bug again. I am shopping for a S197 as well. I'm in the same boat as Hillie I did a ton of wrenching on my old Fox bodies but I know NOTHING about mod motors.