New Seats

Discussion in 'Classic Mustang Specific Tech' started by TheDrake, Jul 26, 2013.

1. I installed new seats in my 68 Mustang and there sit just a little to high, What can be done to this?

2. new foam and skins on stock rails? its just the new foam and it will break in slowly.

3. That's what I was told......would putting some kind of weight on driver seat hurry up the process or just let time take its course?

4. Almost 50 years of someone's rear end to make that old foam tje way it was. I think time is your only choice here.

5. I did mine kast year - I actually put some weights on it early on when not driving to speed up. Has come down a little but still higher. You can alway trim the support pans underneath. I also heard others shave some foam off new seats.

6. I removed the seat pans (humps) from the floorboards, cut an inch and a 1/4 out of them and rewelded them back in. I am 6'3" tall so it was the only way for me to be able to drive the car after I did the TMI sport seat upholstery and foam. I have plenty of leg room between the steering wheel and the seat now.

7. Thanks for the advice!!!.......

8. If your using any of the TMI seats they are considerably higher than your stock seats. If you need more headroom our one piece headliner will gain you 2 1/2 inches. This would be a lot faster and cheaper than lowering your seat risers. That would only gain you maybe a 1 1/2 at most.

9. Headroom was not an issue for me, it was leg room...
    Advertising???