New shoes for the Mach?

EPIK

Jul 3, 2004
LEFT COAST
I am really getting tired of FR500's, & I am thinking about stepping up my wheels on the Mach sometime in 09'. I realized its alot easier, & cheaper to make my notch fast than it is for the Mach, so I am probably just gonna keep it clean & take it to shows so might as well get some real nice wheels to set it apart from the others. Besides, FR's are waaaaaay too common nowadays.

Anyway, I am leaning towards some 18X8.5 to 18x9 in front, & 18X10 to 18X11 in the rear. My choices thus far are True Forged Chicane RS's, True Forged mach 5's, or CCW classics, but if anybody else has some ideas of some that are similar to the 2 piece TF price range, feel free to post em up. I would do any of these in a polished finish, satin silver center with chrome or polished lips, or anthracite center with chrome or polished lip. Dont really want to do black, although it looks great on Machs, Im just over black wheels...

Here are my choices thus for....

True Forged Chicane RS's=
268215.jpg

268203.jpg

True Forged mach 5's=
197.jpg

1lg.jpg

CCW Classic's=
IMG_2142.JPG

1000134copy3tu2.jpg

Here are a few quick chops that I had done so far....

CCW Classic's....
classics.jpg

ccw2.jpg

ccw3.jpg

TF Chicane RS's....
mach11.jpg

mach12.jpg

268824.jpg

TF mach 5's... (Front lip looks bigger than it would be because we only had a pic of the rear wheel in silver)
mach5.jpg

mach5copy.jpg

What do u guys think?????

• Sponsors (?)

You know how I feel Dustin.

I would go TF either way. The are nicer wheels than CCW's. Period!

I have never been impressed with the finish of the CCW nd I am not really a big fan of the "Double Lip" on them either.

Any one of the TF's will look good on your car. :nice:

You know how I feel Dustin.

I would go TF either way. The are nicer wheels than CCW's. Period!

I have never been impressed with the finish of the CCW nd I am not really a big fan of the "Double Lip" on them either.

Any one of the TF's will look good on your car. :nice:

I hear ya Kevin. I love your wheels on your car, but from the chops, its hard for me to tell if they look good on mine. They look more at home on a Cobra for some weird reason. I dig the Mach 5's, but the pics I had for the chop are only of the rear wheel, which looks funny on the front.

I have always loved the CCW Classics & I think they look F'n mean on the Mach, but the lip on the TF's do look alot better...

I might just have to drive out to Texas to test fit your wheels on my car & u can help me detail it while Im there LOL!!!!

There is a dude on SVTP that has or had a set of the CCWs for $2500 shipped i believe.
I love 04sleepers wheels but I think the Mach 5 wheels would be perfect. Thats what I wanted for mine but couldnt afford them :(

This is how I want my Mach to look... A guy on SVTP chopped this 4 me. Its my Mach, on CCW classics, with 03/04 Cobra side skirts, 99/01 cobra front bumper, & 01 Bullit side scoops. He could do it in color because the chops are from a bunch of different cars, but it looks SICK!!!! 1 day hopefully it will look like this....

343434.jpg

Attachments

• 343434.jpg
    343434.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 207
Nice Epik...man, you have good taste. Hard to go wrong with any of the choices you have narrowed it down to. But for me, it'd be the CCWs. I've been looking at those same wheels myself. They remind me of the trans am racers back in the early 80s.
Like you, I'm getting a lil tired of my classic Torq Thrust IIs...still love em, but a change would be nice. (A Kenne Bell would be better though...!)
photo9.jpg

This is how I want my Mach to look... A guy on SVTP chopped this 4 me. Its my Mach, on CCW classics, with 03/04 Cobra side skirts, 99/01 cobra front bumper, & 01 Bullit side scoops. He could do it in color because the chops are from a bunch of different cars, but it looks SICK!!!! 1 day hopefully it will look like this....

343434.jpg
That looks Sick Dustin!!!! :rock:

I think those Mach 5's are Sweeeeeet!!!! :nice:

Attachments

• 343434.jpg
    343434.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,072
Nice Epik...man, you have good taste. Hard to go wrong with any of the choices you have narrowed it down to. But for me, it'd be the CCWs. I've been looking at those same wheels myself. They remind me of the trans am racers back in the early 80s.
Like you, I'm getting a lil tired of my classic Torq Thrust IIs...still love em, but a change would be nice. (A Kenne Bell would be better though...!)
photo9.jpg

Thanks bro... I think the Tq thrusts look good & they are far rarer than any Mustang wheel.

That looks Sick Dustin!!!! :rock:

I think those Mach 5's are Sweeeeeet!!!! :nice:

I love that look with the 01 Front & 03 Cobra skirts. 1 day I will put it all together, but for now, wheels are the ticket. The pic from the front with the Mach 5's is really starting to look sick to me. Just dont want so much lip in the front... They fit the Mach look, look muscular, but sporty at the same time, & they are the color & finish i want... Im not gonna lie though, the CCW's look pretty F'n mean too. Being an 80's Vdub & BBS fan, I just have always loved the look of a Mesh wheel, hence the reason I dig yours....

Mach 5's are SICK though!!!!

mach5.jpg

^ After much looking I believe thoes are my hands down favorite. The are exactly what I wanted for mine. Wish I could afford them :(