New Stang In The Socal Desert

CaptWoody

May 17, 2012
Hey all-

Having been a car fanatic for most of my 36 years, I am returning from a break during which time I made babies, earned my B.S. and M.S., and paid off my debt. We just moved to the Edwards AFB area in SoCal where I realized I'm going to need a toy for my 35+ mile one-way commute. Having owned two camaros (91, 97), two mustangs (72, 94), and two vettes (99, 01), I gave each a fair shot before deciding. Having two kids, if I had bought a vette I would have had to keep my daily driver in case I needed to bring my kids somewhere. This wasn't exactly a problem, but the price on the vettes was not really worth being slightly faster than the mustang. Besides, throw a few thousand at the mustang, it'd be right there with the vette AND have a back seat. The camaro was a different story. The camaro looks great but just fell short in handling and performance. Handling-wise, it just felt too slow in the corners - most likely due to weight. The weight also influenced the acceleration a great deal. Finally, the straw that broke the camel's back was the visibility issues. Sure, it has mirrors but you have to work to see in that car. This is not a good thing for when I am deployed and I need my wife to take the car out to get the gunk out of it every now and again. She's 5'2 with shoes on so this wasn't an option.

In the end, the 2012 GT Premium proved to be everything we really wanted. We looked at every model - Roush. Shelby, Boss - and decided on the GT. The others were nice but, like the vette, not something worth the money to me.

Anyway, here she is:
backRight.jpg
frontLeftCorner.jpg

• Sponsors (?)