New stangs still hard to find?

I live in Tampa, FL...and the "s197" stang has become a common sight. I see them on the road everywhere (and I stare every time, lol), from v6's, to gt's, to roush's and saleen's...

The dealer here seems to have gotten in it's first shipment of 06's...and there are at least 20 of them on the lot, v6's and gt's included...not to mention what looks like some used or left over 05 v6's. So, i was just wondering...is it still hard to find a new gt, or would a dealer let me test drive one without a contract sitting on the table?

• Sponsors (?)

Two dealers near me: one has three V6's and no GT's, the other has about 15 V6's and a GT with a Roush package.

I have seen the occasional GT pop up on local dealer inventories, but they are still few and far between here in northeaset Ohio. I expect they will become more common as winter moves in.......

With winter rapidly approaching in the midwest and northeast most of the product should be going to the southern tier of states. I would expect places like FL and TX to be well stocked in the near future if not already.

tjredgt2000 said:
With winter rapidly approaching in the midwest and northeast most of the product should be going to the southern tier of states. I would expect places like FL and TX to be well stocked in the near future if not already.

They are definitely a dime a dozen now.

Most dealers down here have a couple GT's listed in thier inventories on FordDirect.com ( but not yet on their lots) Most have like a ratio of 10 V6's to 1 GT. One dealer has just the opposite ( dealer near Shreveport) One dealer in La Place La has about a dozen Roushes on his lot but no stockers, V6 or GT's.