New SVT

TRex

Sep 11, 2004
Sumter, Sc
Well just wanted to say hey and welcome myself to the site, since i just picked up my 1996 Cobra, found out its already got 4:30gears(did the calculator system to figure out), x pipe, K&N charger system and underdrive pullies. So Hey to everyone and glad to be back on the blue side. only thing im stuck on is shifter (Pro 5.0, etc..) and lowering springs, any help???

• Sponsors (?)

Pro-5.0 and Steeda Tri-ax STS's are great. I have the steeda and it is a very tight, short and solid shifting shifter.

Springs, I have Eibach Sportlines on stock struts. Ride quality is great, handling is improved, and the look has greatly improved. Check out my homepage for pics.

Oh, and congrats and welcome. :cheers:

Conratulations TRex...and welcome.

Another shot with the Eibachs.

stangnet2.jpg

You're gonna LOVE your Stang bud.. :nice:

I prefer a pro 5.0 shifter myself. I have one in my 96 and its going to get another pro 5.0 when I go six speed. Springs, its all up on how low you want to go. I like H&R myself and run super sport springs on my cobra. It will lower the car over 2" and give you an even drop front and rear unlike some other springs out there. You might want to look into getting some caster/camber plates and new shocks/struts also. My alignment specs are dead on and ride quality got a lot better after I put in the tokicos.

5.0's 4 ever said:
I prefer a pro 5.0 shifter myself. I have one in my 96 and its going to get another pro 5.0 when I go six speed. Springs, its all up on how low you want to go. I like H&R myself and run super sport springs on my cobra. It will lower the car over 2" and give you an even drop front and rear unlike some other springs out there. You might want to look into getting some caster/camber plates and new shocks/struts also. My alignment specs are dead on and ride quality got a lot better after I put in the tokicos.

Ohh, I forgot to mention the c/c plates. I have steeda caster-camber plates on mine. IMO they are essential for any drop over 1.5". Better safe than sorry. Besides, they look pretty cool in the engine bay. :D

IronMedic said:
how are the 4.30 gears?

Well i haven't had a chance to drive my car, i was in an accident last month on my motorcycle (GSXR 750) and my right leg is in a cast so only my best friend drove my car from Atlanta to SC and thats how we figured out the gears, but from sitting in the passenger seat its not to BAD!!! Still want to pace my car to make sure my speedo is right just to make sure, ill let you guys know what happens. And I've decided on Pro 5.0 Shifter and H&R Sport Springs, ill post some pics when its complete (3 weeks) :nice:

CarrollShelby said:
A very nice Stang... Sir!

:hail2:

The pics were taken with horrible 400 speed film right after hurricane charley...I need to update!!

TRex: Not TOO bad? A 96-01 Cobra with 4.30's is going to snap your neck in 1st/2nd/3rd even 4th gear if your not paying attention. I love it when a friends in the car, not paying attention as I turn the corner in first all docile and then let it rip. They are always like "bro stop doing that! it gives me major whiplash and it hurts! :(" :rlaugh:

1990gtstang said:
OT hey craig mack, do you have any pics of your maxima by chance?

Do I!

21598508-bc7c-02000153-.jpg

21338046-5542-02000153-.jpg

21338069-cb9e-0200015D-.jpg

16623785-d242-023E01EC-.jpg

17175360-7ab0-02000154-.jpg

21338042-1fc4-02000153-.jpg

16623795-1326-01590200-.jpg

Man I miss that car like you wouldn't believe. I was running 10psi....it was a lot quicker than my cobra stock...or at least felt that way.

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread Trex! :doh: