New Taillights came in!!

ProKiller

Founding Member
Apr 26, 2002
PA
I've been looking for these lights for years now and finally got my hands on a set. They are pristine! i don't think they've ever been mounted before. Only problem is I don't have the wiring harness, so I'll have to figure out how to make one with an extra bulb just for the turn signals. they even came painted black :D

I hope to get them put on this weekend.
View attachment 271173
View attachment 271174
View attachment 271175
View attachment 271176

• Sponsors (?)

Man am I jealous! I know those would look killer on a yellow car with the amber light. Good luck with the harness, you may want to check with KarKraft to see if they may have one or PPI.

stang tail light mod 13.jpg
I just wired in the 3rd bar in my 95. easy to splice into the light harness.
black=gnd, tan=running lights (you won't need), the other wire (different for both sides) = brakes.
you may need some kind of converter box to seperate your signals from your brake lights. or run a seperate wire from under the dash for the signals.
you should be able to pick up a bulb pigtail from a jy for cheap. and just make it fit into the 3rd bar. if you need pics of that let me know

stang tail light mod 13.jpg
I just wired in the 3rd bar in my 95. easy to splice into the light harness.
black=gnd, tan=running lights (you won't need), the other wire (different for both sides) = brakes.
you may need some kind of converter box to seperate your signals from your brake lights. or run a seperate wire from under the dash for the signals.
you should be able to pick up a bulb pigtail from a jy for cheap. and just make it fit into the 3rd bar. if you need pics of that let me know

I've been wanting to do this. What did you do to make a hole for the bulb? Any more pics?

I wish there was a way to make the 3rd bar light up more...but then i guess you'd be lighting up the reverse lights area.:shrug:

stang tail light mod 4.jpg
used a hole saw and a file to make the notches just like the stock holes.
The 3rd bar doesn't light up as bright because that is the reflector lens and it refracts the light in all directions. maybe a bulb that's brighter than a 3157 would show up better if there is such a thing.

stang tail light mod 4.jpg
used a hole saw and a file to make the notches just like the stock holes.
The 3rd bar doesn't light up as bright because that is the reflector lens and it refracts the light in all directions. maybe a bulb that's brighter than a 3157 would show up better if there is such a thing.

i'm confused here. you just drilled a hole into the stock lights and created your own turn signal?

i found this write up last night.
Mustang Eurostyle Taillight Installation : Mods : FordvsChevy.com

maybe i'm not thinking about this right, but the way i was going to try and wire it was to take the wiring harness and find the signal wires for the turn signals and seperate it from the brake light bulbs and wire it solely to the new turn bulb. is there a reason this wouldnt' work?

i'm confused here. you just drilled a hole into the stock lights and created your own turn signal?

i found this write up last night.
Mustang Eurostyle Taillight Installation : Mods : FordvsChevy.com

maybe i'm not thinking about this right, but the way i was going to try and wire it was to take the wiring harness and find the signal wires for the turn signals and seperate it from the brake light bulbs and wire it solely to the new turn bulb. is there a reason this wouldnt' work?

not exactly. all i did was add a bulb to the 3rd bar. it includes the running lights and brake/turn signals.
you won't be able to do this because your new lights will need a dedicated turn signal. you don't have that with the stock harness. brakes and turn sigs use the same filiment in the bulb