New Times(again... 3-30-2008)

Thanks man. Im definetly gonning to need the extra shift. Im not too big on powershifting. I did it in my 98, broke a shift fork, and didnt see too much gain over normal shifting. I have definetly considered that extra shift and what it will do. I def. think the 3.90's or 4.10's(hesitant on 4.10's because Im not sure what size FI im going with in the future and dont want to get off a 26 inch tire.

The bynabatt, also similar to a tractor battery, is much smaller and much, much lighter than a optima(sp) battery. It weights around 13 pounds.

Stan,

Im running a 275/40-17 BFG drag Radial-old style tread

The extra lightweight (Oddessy) is IS the one I have. Here's a few pics going in and needed a bracket to mount. Plenty of cranking power, not so much on "stored" power. Seems to be OK if driven often, but doesn't like to sit.

Stang003Large.jpg

Stang006Large.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

The extra lightweight (Oddessy) is IS the one I have. Here's a few pics going in and needed a bracket to mount. Plenty of cranking power, not so much on "stored" power. Seems to be OK if driven often, but doesn't like to sit.

Stang003Large.jpg

Stang006Large.jpg

yep, thats it, thanks man. I didnt know which battery you were reffering too, but thats the it I had one on my last car(dynabatt) but later found out that its just a repacked pc680. Where did you get the battery and bracket from?

:nice: Yup, the NPI isn't THAT bad. I think it mostly comes down to driving. They don't make a lot of horsepower, but they have pretty good torque if you can use it.

It'll happen and i'll be there to witness it. I'm wanting to show that the npi cars aren't as slow as everyone makes them out to be if you can drive the car to its fullest. I believe I have personally shown this with my little automatic car, and now Mark is doing it with his 5 speed with those HORRIBLE gears.

You are doing pretty well! I've got a 97GT and ran a 9.18@77mph earlier this spring. It's just well maintained and the only mod is an H-pipe. It has the optional 3.27s though.

I can definately see where your's would bog on a drag radial and 2.73s. YIKES. With the 3.27s and street tires, I was launching around 3500 and lightly spinning through 1st to keep the rpms up. I was also power shifing it... I try not do to that very often though. I should really beat on the 2.3 instead of the daily driver.

went to the track again. On Friday, I got the car to a 9.19.

The car is a 1997gt, with 150,xxx miles.
Stock 2.73 gears(blow), pullies, h pipe, drag radials....

thanks man. However, the 4.6 is notorious for lacking torque, not making it. OHC.... Thats why its so critical to get a good gear in the car.....

I called Discount at 8am today and they wanted 150 a rim for drag lites, My guy couldnt go any lower. Im going to have them shipped from summit more than likely for much less, unless they can work something out at discount. That blows.

It'll happen and i'll be there to witness it. I'm wanting to show that the npi cars aren't as slow as everyone makes them out to be if you can drive the car to its fullest. I believe I have personally shown this with my little automatic car, and now Mark is doing it with his 5 speed with those HORRIBLE gears.

It helps that we have some of the best hooking tracks in the world.

I agree with this...people act like NPI is so slow.