New tires coming tomorrow!!

grey5.0beast

Cookies should never be DUNKED!!!
Aug 3, 2004
atl ga
Finally ordered me somenew tires, and b/c Aliate X'scar looks sobadass with them, I figured I'd go the same route especially b/c I would like some traction for when I hit the switch. I got me some 255/50/16 MT ET street radials from summit :banana:

Oh and I found them at another site and they price matched, here ya go for anyone who wants the best dealaround, trust me, I looked! If thats offlimits you can removeit, I am just sharin a good deal.

http://performancewheel.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=101&category=&secondary=4&gacid=

• Sponsors (?)

im sure I'llbe fine, but no I have no other vehicle. I don't drive much at all when its raining. And I've been drving on COMPLETELY bald street tires since october, I'll take some pics, I'vegotten good at correcting...

My girlfriend drivesme to/from school/work when its raining though.

I know the M/Ts are going to look cool, but think about getting a couple more ponys to put some street tires on. You cant predict or correct for everything that comes your way. The tone of your message kind of rings of that classic young guy invincibility complex and god knows your car has been through enough lately.

I saw a couple ponys sittin outside Scott Milners (coupe performance) place, so send him a message, he may have a couple for you.

BTW what ever happened to that stangnet GA dragstrip thing you were trying to organize late last year?

IDK me and josh have tried to go a few times, but something always seemed to come up. If you want to go just PM me, I am ready to go anytime and I am actually making a trip soonto coupe's anyways to drop off a block and get my bottle filled so I might ask him if I can take someoff his hands for a lilmoney off the block.

You have another vehicle to daily drive? I would hate to see your car end up like this if you ever got caught in some rain. This guy was using Nitto drag radials and from what I hear, they do a bit better than any other drag radials in the rain.

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56483

It can't be that bad, there's some missing spots in that story. The car doesn't just go sideways randomly. My car doesn't have DRs but is VERY driveable in the rain. I've been driving my truck with BALD tires in the snow and rain. I guarantee that thing is worse in the rain than any DR's on a stang. Just gotta be smart about it.

There could have been a slight curve, or maybe he tapped the brakes, the fact of the matter is the DRs caused him to hydroplane and when that happens you have very little control of the car if any at all. Read some more of his posts, it says he hit a patch of water that had pooled up. I went to a driving school that sets up an area with very high water to show you what hydroplaning feels like, and yes the back of the car can just spin around randomly because at that point the tires are no longer touching the road. Not everyone who wrecks when its raining is just horsing around.

If you are driving on bald tires in the rain you are driving on borrowed time. If you think you'll be fine just because you've done it before, well... you've got another thing commin.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=695991

updated vids and pics in there.

Here are my tires...
PICT0049.jpg

PICT0046.jpg

PICT0047.jpg

mine looks a little bit better than that, but mine spins in third without the aid of rain, and today it rained and it is sooo fun, and dad drove my 7up pony, so I had some fun in the driveway in the rain. btw: get a vid of the nitrizle when you hook it up, that sucker will be fast!! the maf I believe is bad it was throwing codes on the 7up and was poppin real bad.

Thats cool, Anyway, listen to this BS, how pissed would you be if this happened to you? Today while I wasin school,my dad called summit and canceledmy PAID order w/o my consent and instead ordered mesome Futura Super Sports in 225/55/16, AND HESMAKIN ME ****IN PAY FOR THEM!!!!!!! This is the biggest load of crap. And he couldn't even tell me, he left a voicemail on my GFs phone to let me know. Then he tellsme to pick out some tires as a middle ground and he would pay for 100 bucks of them. I picked out some BFG Gforce sports in 255/50/16. Then I had to go job hunting, so Ileft the car with him. Well WE AGREED on the BFGs, then he goes and gets Futuras!?!?!?! WTF??
I'm makin him pay for those ****ers!! I told him I would pay the whole cost if I could decide, but he agrees on amiddle ground.... MY ASS These are the WORST tiresEVER!!!

*end rant*

Sorry I'm pissed

Those will be burnt down fast with the nos fo real!!! send em to me, ill make light work of em, ill put em on the 86, and burn em down in 2nd in about 2mins, The bfg's kind of stick well I guess, you have to get em really hot and they have long tire wear, and the grandma tires just smoke like crazy! yeah id be pizzed!! I smell a nice burnout vid coming from the guinnett area.