New tires

rivas8409

Feb 24, 2009
California
This is me venting more than anything...

So I had to get new tires the other night because my front passenger tire's tread started to peel off on the highway. Could have put the donut on and tried to make it to my tire guy's shop about 40 miles away, but I figured that was pushing it. Anway, long story short, the only place in town that had the tires (245/45/17's) for my '03 GT was Pep Boys and of course they weren't Khumo tires so I couldn't just buy the one to replace the one that peeled. So I sign the papers to get 4 new 245/45/17's put on becasue according to the manager they didn't have any 275's that would fit my car. BULL!

As I'm walking around the store I see a set of 4 275/40/17's (the size I wanted) and what come on the cobras. So I rush to the desk and say, "STOP! I want those 275s put on my car not the 245s." The shop would NOT put the 275s on claiming that since my mustang's a GT not a Cobra the 275s would not fit and that they'd rub even though my car has the deluxe package and has cobra wheels. After about 25 minutes of arguing the point I gave up, and walked away...

So now I have a set of brand new 245s on my car and $600 less in my bank account! UGH!

• Sponsors (?)

You got ripped.:mad: But the 245's are better on a 8" rim.

+1. If you are running 245's now there is a 99.9% chance you have an 8" rim, even though it is a cobra rim. Unfortunately the pep boys were probably correct and your rim will not safely mount 275's. Sucks that you got ripped and they didn't explain that you just had to buy some 9" rims to slap on the 275's.