New To Forum Looking To Do A Swap.

I have had a few mustangs in the past and a lot of TBird Turbo Coupes.
I currently have a 87 Turbo Coupe and my recently totaled 02 Mustang will be dropped off to my house this week by the insurance company. I am currently trying to decide and research putting the 02 drivetrain into the turbo coupe. I am sick of the 2.3T it has cause my nothing but trouble in my life. I have had around 11 turbo coupes and none ever ran right. I just love the cars.

In the past I have had an...
06 Mustang GT
02 Mustang GT Convt
02 Mustang GT Coupe Totaled Getting back
Around 11 Thunderbird Turbo Coupes from 86-88
94 F350 with 460 that I rebuilt(stupid for selling)
Several Suburbans(wife's)
Other crappy Chevrolet products.

I am from S/W Michigan.

Attachments

• 00D0D_9RJHej4Habj_600x450.jpg
    00D0D_9RJHej4Habj_600x450.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 140
  • Sponsors (?)

I have had a few mustangs in the past and a lot of TBird Turbo Coupes.
I currently have a 87 Turbo Coupe and my recently totaled 02 Mustang will be dropped off to my house this week by the insurance company. I am currently trying to decide and research putting the 02 drivetrain into the turbo coupe. I am sick of the 2.3T it has cause my nothing but trouble in my life. I have had around 11 turbo coupes and none ever ran right. I just love the cars.

In the past I have had an...
06 Mustang GT
02 Mustang GT Convt
02 Mustang GT Coupe Totaled Getting back
Around 11 Thunderbird Turbo Coupes from 86-88
94 F350 with 460 that I rebuilt(stupid for selling)
Several Suburbans(wife's)
Other crappy Chevrolet products.

I am from S/W Michigan.

Hiya!

I see that you're getting to know how the forum works. lol

If you have any forum questions, you can post them here. The staff can help with those.

As for your car question... :chin

I'm thinking the Fox era guys might be able to help you the best. I'll move this over there and we'll see what kind of bites you get. If you find the help that you need then it can be moved to "Other Auto Tech" later on.

Good Luck! :nice:

I had 4 that were daily drivers. The other ones were mostly parts cars. I had a low mole bird that started playing games too. I just like the way they look and kept forgetting they are full of gremlins that need constant attention.

I'd give the current gears a shot before yanking.

I don't know what the final drive ratios between the trannys in each car but I would hazard to guess that the 02 Stang has longer legs (because of the power and torque differences). You may not need the additional gear in the coupe.

Edit:

Wait... that was silly. What tranny are you using?