New-to-me '94 Gt Convertible

J. Murphy

Sep 20, 2012
Thanks to the wonder that is ebay, and having not long before turned a Geo Tracker's 4cyl into a 3cyl (it did a lot of things it wasn't designed for in the 6ish years I drove it, rather impressive for what it was, so I kept the piece of cylinder wall I knocked out as a memento) ... I picked up a (none too gently kept) 1994 GT, black and saddle convertible... and drove it around 500mi the first day, which she did without the faintest sign of reservations.

Once I get my camera in proper working order, and a little time on a clear day, I plan to start cataloging what I put into her... but so far (in a bit over 4 months), tires, odometer gears, a couple hoses (she was left sitting a while by the looks of things), a new belt (before it failed), and a little added length to her exhaust to make her legal (and to make her purring a touch less deafening, nice as she sounded)... have sufficed to give me one delightful daily driver.

Ah, right, and... Hi! Glad to be here, and all that (I felt she deserves more of an introduction than I do, she's meaner) :p

Now... living in Morgantown, WV, as I do, and expecting a bit of a rough winter, anyone have any tips on keeping her wheels on the ground long enough to get out of my lot in the snow?

• Sponsors (?)