New To Me Sn95...need Elect. Help...

whiteshadow

Feb 14, 2015
Hey guys, I'm new here...I just bought a 95 mustang 5.0. Unfortunately, the multi function relay that controls the fuel pump, cooling fan and stuff is fried. It burned up the relay and the ends of the wires that go into the pigtail. So I have a question or two...

1)when I go to the salvage yard, does the new relay part numbers have to match perfectly, or are the 94-95 mustangs just plug and play? My burnt part number is F48F-12B577-AA

2)are there any other cars that use this same relay?

thanks for the help guys

• Sponsors (?)

You'll want the same year and engine for your CRM, in effect the same part number. There are a ton of different model numbers, and unless you like circuit diagrams and changing pinouts, it's probably best to stay with the same.

You'll also want to figure out what fried what before you plug a new one in. The relays themselves are unlikely to have caused the melt-down, more likely a really bad short someplace that isn't fuse-protected took the CRM out.

What you're looking for is the CCRM. Do be careful to pick one up from a GT or a Cobra. The V6 CCRM will plug into the GT harness, I believe, but will not work correctly. Looks like eBay has several used CCRM's available, from $20 to $50. Just search eBay for "F48F-12B577-AA" and you'll find a bunch of results.

DOES THE ccrm CAUSE A CHECK ENGINE IGHT TO COME ON?

In my experience no it does not. It is basically a box full of relays that occasionally go bad and when it does it will only effect the specific area that it failed. I've known people that have replaced more than one and then there are folks like me that are still on the original one.