New to the 2005 world...advice needed!

Just picked up a 2005 V6 last night, and I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice as to what I can do to make the car any better (I've been on the 5.0 board for a while, and what I'm talking about is on the 5.0, the first thing you do is remove the air silencer to help it breath better). Also, is there anything I need to look out for? I got the extended warranty (the car has about 4,000 miles on it) so hopefully I'm good to go for a while.

Also, this car has the door guards (in the middle of the door) for some reason. Can I remove these without damaging the door and/or paint?

05Mustang1.jpg

Attachments

• 05Mustang1.jpg
    05Mustang1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 88
  • Sponsors (?)

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. I would go with a tuner first, to get rid of the throttle lag. SCT and Diablo seem to the ones everyone reccomends, due to thier high degree of functionality. I got mine for under 500 bundled with the AFE CAI. I know there are several sites that bundle them with CAI's, look for those. Here are some reccomendations:

1. Tuner
2. Wheels/Tires
3. CAI (or bundled with Tuner)
4. Exhaust (lots and lots of threads on this)
a. GT take off muffler is the cheapest and gives good sound
b. GT take off mufflers with GT take off pipes custom installed (or use JBA, Flowmaster, Magnaflow, Etc. mufflers)
c. Dual kit (JBA, MAC, Magnaflow)
5. FR TLOK or Detroit TruTrac or other limited slip diff
6. Gears

Of course there is Nitrous, SC, etc. For exhaust surf the forum, there is a ton on it. And the usual appearance mods, fogs, louvers, stripes, hood scoops, body kits, etc.

Good luck and welcome to :SNSign: .

I am going to take Foose2005's comment as a comical joke/Pun. Let's just think he is making fun of the usual thread trolls.

Because you know, for all of the 4.6L engine fans that tease us and say drop a V-8 in it, we can just say, Drop a V-10 into the GT. See.... it can go on and on and on.

Welcome to the 2005 Forum Stang1986..(Request a User Name Change now!!!) You have the door guards because it was a fleet vehicle, probably a Previous Daily Rental. The guards reduce the amount of door dings for the rental companies like Hertz. Taking it off will really depend on how it is mounted. If it is a standard plastic pin mounted guard, that will entail removal of the trim, mounting plate and then a touch up, wet sand and buff/wax.

JIMP - :nonono: :ZipIt:

Jenns05Stang said:
I am going to take Foose2005's comment as a comical joke/Pun. Let's just think he is making fun of the usual thread trolls.

sorry.. but after the billionth time it's not in the least bit funny any more..

and with 3 posts I doubt he's making fun of the usual thread trolls...

One of the first mods Id reccomend is shortening the antennae down to around 8".. I think they're too ungainly and its free. There's no HC trap on the car like there was in early model GTs, so thats not an issue. If you like fogs check out the "Mr. Wick" fogs method, its around a $20 mod that I think looks great. I know Ive posted pics up here before of mine.

Those are the only cheap, free, quick mods I can think of right now.. but if I think of any Ill definitely let you know.

scrming said:
sorry.. but after the billionth time it's not in the least bit funny any more..

and with 3 posts I doubt he's making fun of the usual thread trolls...

No need to be sorry John.

Here is the thing. You fellas need to suck it up. If it bothers you that much go into the GT forum and post "Drop a V-10 In It" or "Supercharge It" or "You should have bought a Cobra." Hey, you could go in there and ask why some of the owners feel compelled to get a penis extension via their engine displacement. See, the beauty of it is you can give it back in their forum as much as they creep in here. If you are not that type of person, than I suggest you ignore it. Unless this gets ugly or there is a personal attack (which Jimp just pushed the line to) I will NOT interject. I was asked to check this post and I have. By you guys allowing the single comment to irritate you, you have thrown the thread off by your own volition. If the comment would have been ignored, the thread would still be on track, but NOOOOOO call attention to the attention whore. :nonono:

I am not about to call down the ban hammer on this issue. You fellas need to learn how to get a little thicker skin and figure out how to take the punches. I get it hit to me daily and I am not running around getting all panty-bunched over the comments.

You guys have anything else to say about this PM me and make sure you cc the other Mods so we can keep a consensus on this. Thanks

Jenn

Jenns05Stang said:
No need to be sorry John.

Here is the thing. You fellas need to suck it up. If it bothers you that much go into the GT forum and post "Drop a V-10 In It" or "Supercharge It" or "You should have bought a Cobra." Hey, you could go in there and ask why some of the owners feel compelled to get a penis extension via their engine displacement. See, the beauty of it is you can give it back in their forum as much as they creep in here. If you are not that type of person, than I suggest you ignore it. Unless this gets ugly or there is a personal attack (which Jimp just pushed the line to) I will NOT interject. I was asked to check this post and I have. By you guys allowing the single comment to irritate you, you have thrown the thread off by your own volition. If the comment would have been ignored, the thread would still be on track, but NOOOOOO call attention to the attention whore. :nonono:

I am not about to call down the ban hammer on this issue. You fellas need to learn how to get a little thicker skin and figure out how to take the punches. I get it hit to me daily and I am not running around getting all panty-bunched over the comments.

You guys have anything else to say about this PM me and make sure you cc the other Mods so we can keep a consensus on this. Thanks

Jenn

Telling us to invade the GT forum is definitely the wrong thing to do. I don't visit the GT forums because I don't have a GT. It's pretty simple. I usually don't say much but it really, really gets old. If you want to do something positive, nuke the "get a V8" comments as soon as they happen, and give the user a warning. That will stop them quick. I can't believe you would suggest us invading another forum to start a flame war. :nono:

I'd have to agree I'm not about to go trolling in the GT forums, my love is for all mustangs, so I am not going to condone bashing any mustang owner. But foose hasn't responded, so he/she either saw all the activity in here and decided to let it go or it was a one off account (only three posts).

Just my two cents.

Jenns05Stang said:
Hmmmmm..... I thought my post ended with PM me and CC the mods with any other comments on this.

And they did...;)

This might be very unlike me, but here goes...

Foose,

You have 3 of the most un-intellegent posts to your name. One telling the V6 guys to get a V8, one asking who the old guy in the Shelby is and if Shelby saw it he would roll over in his grave when the old guy in the Shelby is Shelby himself and one that was nothing more than a quote from a magazine talking about how certain mods are going to give the Shelby 750HP even though no one has been allowed to mod the engine yet.

What I am getting at is simple. I learned a long time ago that when you are the new guy some where, you should always spend the first few months with your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut. Might I suggest at least 6 months to a year for you?

:ZipIt:

Jimp said:
Telling us to invade the GT forum is definitely the wrong thing to do. I don't visit the GT forums because I don't have a GT. It's pretty simple. I usually don't say much but it really, really gets old. If you want to do something positive, nuke the "get a V8" comments as soon as they happen, and give the user a warning. That will stop them quick. I can't believe you would suggest us invading another forum to start a flame war. :nono:

I agree 100%... there are other forums I hang out on where the "drop a V8" would be immediately pulled and warning given... the idea that I should go trolling in the GT forums is..... well... the most ridiculous thing i've heard in a long time...

and on that note... sorry guys... but I won't be posting here any more... StangNet is off my list...