New To The Forum, Need Help!!!

Side view

Attachments

• KIMG0116.JPG
    KIMG0116.JPG
    447 KB · Views: 157
  • Sponsors (?)

Well guys, I just got her back from the shop. Ran me a small total of $400 for parts (clutch and new clutch fork and 3 quarts of mercon V from where p.o had gear oil in it) and labor! Can't use first gear though it wants to keep popping out so i have to use 2nd to take off but I was aware of that when I got the car. I do smell a faint burning clutch smell though. Is that from where the new clutch is bedding down? Or what? My pedal still sits up high too.

unless you figure out the clutch pedal and cable problem and 1st gear, you are going to smoke taht new clutch. The fact the PO put 90weight int the T5 was most likelyh to hide that fact there are problems. I would pull that trans out and inspect it. You could have bent forks and or worn synchros. I am suspenct of any shop that would put in a new clutch with a bad tans and the pedal/cable issue still evident.

Reactions: 1 users
My best guess is the cable is wrong. If the cable has that much tension on it the clutch plate is not fully seated. The cable having to much tension is holding it up and it's not fully engaging. Your just driving around with a new clutch and its slipping constantly

Reactions: 1 user