New to the game, Need Help!!!

• Sponsors (?)

about the install of all this ill prob have friends help me. I know to beat a cobra im looking at somewhere in the 400-415 hp range probably. For now a good 300-315 hp is good for me. I thought I would start off with some gears, air filter, exhaust system, and maybe a shifter. Thats just a rough guess of where ill start. Any more ideas or tips, etc? also feel free to e-mail me too...

I heard about some exhaust that has some kind of feature on it that you can flip some switch or something and it quiets down and then you flip a switch and something in the pipe or exhaust system moves and it gets louder or something. Anyone wanna let me in on some info about this. I heard it might be made by FlowMaster.

for looks go ahead and put a kit on it. The saleen and roush kits look great but are too much money. I put a xenon ground effects kit on my car and it looks great and i dont have to worry about the extra lbs from the full body kits or you can just drop your car a few inches with either eibach springs or steeda lowering springs that would look really good too. tint your windows, get the black mustang decal from mustangworld or anywhere for your rear bumper that looks good. Change out your stock taillights.
For performance go with a triax shifter first and get the feel of you car. Learn how to lauch it and shift properly cause many drivers dont know how like the honda civic ricer i smoked earlier today. Then a intake system, x or h pipe to remove those cats that slow down your cars airflow, then headers, and you should be moving then.

weight

1999GTCONV said:
cronin49 said:
Why take it back? Coupes are everywhere. A beautiful convertible GT is much rarer. A vert weighs only about 140 lbs. more than a coupe.

By the way, if that's the case why is does my car state on the Factory sticker inside the door that it weighs 4490lbs where most coupes weigh in around 3850lbs?

Those weights you quoted are ridiculous. A coupe weighs 3241 lbs., a vert weighs 3379 lbs. A difference of 138 lbs. 4490 lbs! What are you driving, a truck?

Spring is coming up quickly and im trying to put something together to have a different mustang by spring. Im hoping to be pushing somewhere around 300 horses by then. The first thing im probably going to do is shifter and exhaust. Steeda Tri-Ax for the shifter but I have no idea where to start with the exhaust. People have posted alot of things on exhaust but im still kind of lost. What company do i go with? I know of borla and flowmaster, which is the best? Any comments on my first mods, exhaust and shifter? Any one think i should do something different first or what?

Isn't it funny how many people respond when they see someone on the site who could possibly know more than them. People are funny like that.

My suggestion: read the posts here and take peoples' advice, but ALWAYS do your own research. Some in here know enough to be factory engineers, others don't know their ass from a whole in the ground. Most, including me, are somewhere in the middle.

Most suggstions in here are pretty good. I'm more of a go-fast guy rather than an appearance guy, but that;s me. Do what you feel is right with your car(s). What are your priorities?

My Priorities are SPEED, SPEED, AND MORE SPEED!!! I think the car already looks good with it being a convertible and everything and the rims that came with it are nice too. Don't think i wanna put a kit on it or anything seeing that i rack the bottom of it as it is right now so it doesnt need anything else on it. I just want speed. I was on the highway the other night and a Camaro SS blew my @$$ away. Thats when i decided to start putting money aside for the car. Thanks for the advice and hope you and others can help.

Um. Dude. Um.

IT WAS AN SS CAMARO!!

Don't sweat it too much. 75% of the souped up modulars on this forum would get spanked.
"lllllllaaadddies and gentlemen...let the flaming commence!":flame::uzi:::stick::chair::fuss::nono:

Just get a good shifter, some subframe connectors, some 4.10s, and some practice.

Then after a few months of experience and research step up to some more mods

I'd start out with a K&N filter, then a shifter, then it just depends on what you're wanting from that point on.....looks, or power. If power, get some exhaust and some gears.....if looks....you can go way wild.......

Don't waste time with alot of bolt ons......research them all thoroughly before purchase, and you'll end up saving alot of money in the long run.

Most of all, have fun and good luck!!!

Well I haven't posted for awhile but now I have a preety straight forward question. I've heard a few different things but do any mods void the factory warranty. My mustang is brand new (04) and the last thing i want to do right now is void that warranty...