New to the mustang game

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by kure91, Feb 7, 2013.

1. kure91

kure91 New Member

Hey mustang nation, Im new the the mustang game. Owned 240's and a gsr integra. Been messing with cars for about 5 years now. Im in to all kinds of racing and cars. I just picked up a 88 GT about a week ago and pretty happy with it so far. As of now it has a Holley 670cfm Street Avenger carb, Edlebrock Street Performer intake and 373 gears. First carb car Ive and its throwing me for a loop lol. Plan on changing it back to FI soon. Hoping to learn a lot from everyone on the forum and contribute as well.

2. gearheadboy

Mod Dude

Welcome. While fuel injection is my choice, use the carb as a learning experience. Do some research and learn how to set it up correctly. Its a good skill to know. Contrary to popular belief, carbs are very reliable and simple. Frequent our forums such as 5.0 Tech and Talk and make your presence known.

3. kure91

kure91 New Member

Thanks, that was my biggest deciding factor on buying a carb fox. I work at Advance Auto and I hate when an older guy comes in with a carb problem or looking for parts and I have no idea what they are talking about lol.

4. madspeed

madspeed Colonel Mustard
    Mod Dude Founding Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    welcome aboard!

5. kure91

kure91 New Member

lol I had that honda for 2 months, 1.8 8.2k rev limit. Was pretty quick but I couldnt do fwd so I traded for another 240sx.