New Track Videos

1fun281

Mar 16, 2009
Atlanta Georgia
Went to the track for the first time on the Bottle, it's on a 100 shot untuned, ran pretty good

Best time was 12.73 a 111 with a 1.95 60 foot, car bogs bad out of the hole my car has no suspension work done except lowered which is hurting it, I'm hoping with some suspension and driving gettin a 1.6 60 should bring me down to 12.20-12.30 range

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Dude, awesome. Our cars ran nearly identical times (similar 60'... 1.93 here) and identical MPH on a 100 shot. That's awesome.

Sweet runs... mine definitely ran a lot harder on a 125 shot. Clutch couldn't handle it so I had the same ET but gained around 2mph.

Looking good! You should be getting a better 60ft than that though. Definitely a lot more in the car. Try adjusting air pressure, etc in the tires.

Looking good! You should be getting a better 60ft than that though. Definitely a lot more in the car. Try adjusting air pressure, etc in the tires.
Mark I think he is having the same problem that I had on my 2011. He advised the only suspension mods is a set of lowering springs, I'm sure you remember seeing what my car was doing when I had it on K springs---no weight transfer!

Get you a quality spring setup that transfers the weight and you'll be fine. Great pass

+1. Even with lowering springs, 1.8s should be easy, even 1.7s with a 5-speed, gears, and slicks. I've gone 1.78 with a stock converter and gears with a Bullitt suspension and 275/40-17 Nitto drag radials. A buddy of mine with a nitrous Bullitt has cut a couple of 1.68 60's with an all-out MM road race suspension on 275/40-17 Mickey Thompson drag radials (and consequently run 11.7s at 121 mph) on a 125 shot with full bolt-ons, cams, and 3.90s.

Not sure if it's the tune, the DA (I know it sucks in Florida this time of year), or something else, but I feel there's a lot left in that setup.

Thanks everyone! I know for sure that there is alot more in this setup the car is untuned, future plans are a tune with a 150 shot, some v6 springs from the junk yard (lighter spring weight) and some better shocks. and you hit the nail on the head the weight transfer does not exist its on cheap ebay lowering springs, the tires are enough for the traction, but the weight transfer isnt there, my clutch is great, very sticky and doesnt slip, so that combined with no weight transfer just spins, if i dump it to high. but after watching the videos i see some things in launching that im going to try and improve on my end i started getting traction with the tires at 13 psi.

Like everyone said some decent springs along with some seat time, and i will definetly get some more out of the car!

A go pro video

After watching that GoPro video, I see where a lot of the problem is.

First, it sounds like you're trying to drop the clutch, but you're getting one of two problems out of this: launch too high, and you're spinning; launch too low, and you're bogging. Try slipping the clutch just a little. Rougher on the clutch for sure, but I'll bet you get much better 60's.

Second, (which is partly because of #1), the nitrous isn't hitting until you're almost through the 60' (at least on the runs where you don't spin). It looks like to me that you're a good 40 feet out before it hits. What RPM do you have it coming on at? To really have it come out of the hole strong, it needs to hit as soon as possible. The way my buddy with the nitrous Bullitt does it is to do a real aggressive (re: fast) clutch slip, and then WOT. He starts out on the clutch slip around 4000 rpm; the RPM come down to around 3000 as it fully engages, and the nitrous hits as soon as he goes WOT. I know he's cut some 1.6x 60's like that on 275/40-17 Mickey Thompsons, slammed to the ground on a MM road course suspension.

I too think dropping the clutch is the problem. I'd be going with a little more RPM off the line, but just letting the clutch out quickly instead of the "drop". You're "shocking" the tires breaking them loose, then they hook and you don't have the torque to pull through it.

Did you tune your car with a hand held? My old XCal2 used to let me set the neutral RPM limit to whatever you wanted. Set it up around 5K, hold it the floor after the first amber and concentrate on working the clutch. I think you trying to burp the throttle up to your desired RPM while manipulating the clutch at the same time the way you are is distracting you from performing it cleanly.

Agree with the others though. Car sounds and looks great. :nice:

I too think dropping the clutch is the problem. I'd be going with a little more RPM off the line, but just letting the clutch out quickly instead of the "drop". You're "shocking" the tires breaking them loose, then they hook and you don't have the torque to pull through it.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

I really, really like the idea of launching the car at a higer tire PSI, and a hard slip with the clutch. Then, work your way down on PSI and then you adjust your launch with it. I've gone low 1.8's at 260rwhp with nitto drag radials on my 98GT with stiff C springs and non adjustable tokico shocks/struts. The springs are going to help you, I'm sure, but I think there is more in the setup still.

However, you are out there doing it and not sitting on the sideline. Keep at it at, and no doubt, you will get where you want to. :flag:

After watching that GoPro video, I see where a lot of the problem is.

First, it sounds like you're trying to drop the clutch, but you're getting one of two problems out of this: launch too high, and you're spinning; launch too low, and you're bogging. Try slipping the clutch just a little. Rougher on the clutch for sure, but I'll bet you get much better 60's.

Second, (which is partly because of #1), the nitrous isn't hitting until you're almost through the 60' (at least on the runs where you don't spin). It looks like to me that you're a good 40 feet out before it hits. What RPM do you have it coming on at? To really have it come out of the hole strong, it needs to hit as soon as possible. The way my buddy with the nitrous Bullitt does it is to do a real aggressive (re: fast) clutch slip, and then WOT. He starts out on the clutch slip around 4000 rpm; the RPM come down to around 3000 as it fully engages, and the nitrous hits as soon as he goes WOT. I know he's cut some 1.6x 60's like that on 275/40-17 Mickey Thompsons, slammed to the ground on a MM road course suspension.

Thanks for the reply everyone, i will try all these different techniques next time i make it to the track, and my nitrous i just have on the button, so its not set at an rpm its the first time i sprayed it, and i just sprayed as soon as i felt traction.

Next time ill try slipping the clutch at a higher rpm and spraying sooner