New weatherstrip...a little help?

dolfan87

Founding Member
Dec 28, 2000
Lake Havasu, AZ
As most of you know, I am finishing up my Mach here, and yesterday/today mustang70 and I installed both side windows, and the new weatherstrip. My doors are aligned nicely, however it takes a ton of pressure to completely shut them.

This only was a slight problem with the roofrail strip in, but got way worse after I installed the door seal (along the side and bottom of the door).

Any ideas? I have it glued as far towards the outside of the door as possible. Do they simply have to smash down, and are going to take awhile to get to where the door doesn't have to be slammed hard to shut?

• Sponsors (?)

dolfan87 said:
As most of you know, I am finishing up my Mach here, and yesterday/today mustang70 and I installed both side windows, and the new weatherstrip. My doors are aligned nicely, however it takes a ton of pressure to completely shut them.

This only was a slight problem with the roofrail strip in, but got way worse after I installed the door seal (along the side and bottom of the door).

Any ideas? I have it glued as far towards the outside of the door as possible. Do they simply have to smash down, and are going to take awhile to get to where the door doesn't have to be slammed hard to shut?

yeah, they just need to used some, another idea is to leave to car outside during the day when it's hot, for a few days in a row, that will helop to some extent as well