New wheels are on!!! DUW

Killercanary

The car that set the bar.
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Altoona, PA
Yes, the new wheels are on.....

On my mom's 2001 Bullitt!!! I know its a new edge car, but I figured some might want to see what these new Torque Thrust M wheels look like.

My mom opted for the new American Racing Torque Thrust M in 18X9/18X10 wheels due to the current back order issues with the replica wheels for her bullitt. For tires she went with 295's out back and 265's up front based on the recommendations I found on the bullitt websites. I'm glad we didn't go any narrower on the front, but at the same time it would have looked better with a little more sidewall. The tires are BFG g-Force T/A KDW-2's. We got the wheels from Tim at http://www.tireshopinc.com Forgive the crappy pics, it was raining and I only had a few minutes to grab them.

Although this look is definitely different than I am used to, I actually really like it and I think it fits the look and styling of the bullitt very well. It makes it looks like a low, mean, and wide road race car.

157986.jpg

157987.jpg

157994.jpg

157993.jpg

157988.jpg

157992.jpg

Here's what my wheels (my bogarts) look like right now:

157685.jpg

157688.jpg

I bought new rear sections to decrease my back spacing by 1" so that they don't hit my coil-overs and so the 245 tires I run don't look as stretched.

• Sponsors (?)

Paul, it was worth the DUW. You/she hit two requisites for me: I love a dish lip on wheels, and I have a tire tread pattern fetish - that tread is hot. :nice:

Very nice choice!

Thanks guys!

I was really worried about the front tires not having enough side wall, and it doesn't make me feel any better now seeing that I was right to be worried. I did a TON of searching on this subject and for whatever reason, that is the size that 90% of people run. I know it'd look better if the front were just slightly lower, but it'll never happen. Being that its a bullitt my mom would never change the suspension. I think this car's mods are now done. All it has "aftermarket" wise is a srt of 4.10's, a diablo sport predator to correct for the speedometer, and now these wheels. All of which don't take anything away from it IMO.

The Green GT- I know what you mean. When she followed me home to her house I at first almost laughed at how damn big these meats looked on her car, but then I quickly realized how bad ass it looked to because of it.

The car doesn't look anywhere as near as high off the tire as it does in these pics. I have no idea why it looks sort of 4x4ish, because in person it doesn't.

Hissin- I too love that tread pattern!

you can never go wrong with 18's :D it looks great!!!! i think the car looks perfect and the front dd looks different and cool.... glad you didn't go to small with a 17" wheel....and whats DUW mean?? :shrug:

I dont know if any of you caught that but he reffered to Hissin50 as Grady.:shrug:

Other than that It looks pretty good those are the tires Im going with there pure sex.:nice:

and the second to last pic of the bullit looks out of place focus wise.:shrug:

Love the COLOR.:nice:

Guessing the M stands for mustang?

I love the TT series rims and they look KILLER on the bullit, I wish my rims were 18 sometimes just to get alittle bigger rim in there.

I think the wide tires look cool, but do almost look cartoonish at the same time. I wouldnt want to go any wider than the ones I have now...almost TOO much

How does the 265 handle as far as road feel? I have 275 (although on a 17x9) and it feels EVERY rut in the road pulling all over the place. I am wanting to go to a 255 or so to help kill that.

Not to go off on a tangent or take away from the thread, but it's always a high compliment to me if I'm confused with gurus like Grady or Paul himself. :nice: :cheers: