New wheels...

I have 3.73's and 18x10 saleen replicas in the rear with a 285 tire, lowered on tokico springs. Looks great and doesn't rub on a damn thing. Gears feel great too, especially now that I got an Xcal2. If you get the 10 inch wheels in the back, I'd go with at least a 295 because my tires aren't quite as wide as the wheels. I got em used so I didn't really care. Oh yeah, and I have 18x9 with 275's in the front without a problem as well. Riding really low in the front though. Here is a pic to see my ride height and the wheels.

saleensig.jpg

Attachments

• saleensig.jpg
    saleensig.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Sponsors (?)

XXMustangRayXX said:
Ok...either I find out for sure if a 315 would rub if I'm only lowered an inch, or else im going 18x9's all around with 275's and wheel spacers in the back

You do know that depending on how wide of spacers you want with a 275 tire you could push that out far enough to cause rubbing anyway.

For instance if you get a 1" spacer (appx 25mm) that will effectively take your 275s and make them 300 series so it will be further out than 295s.

Get the 18 X 10 with 295 and flip your quad shocks. It takes 30 minutes to do, 4 bolts and it does not effect anything.

04DarkShadowGT said:
You do know that depending on how wide of spacers you want with a 275 tire you could push that out far enough to cause rubbing anyway.
yup...pay attention to this guy.

as for the rest of your questions MustangRay...

LISTEN.....

you DO NOT need to do anything at all to your quad shocks to make 18x10s fit with 295's. They WILL NOT rub on your inner fender well. They will fit just fine.

They may however rub on your outter fender lip, and therefore you should roll them, a process which takes very little time and is simple to do....other than that, nothing else is required to make 18x10s with 295s fit.

end of discussion.

XXMustangRayXX said:
Well I don't understand how it rubs for some ppl and not others, lol.

some of it depends on the brand of tire. TrueBlue03 has BFG KDWs and they run wide, wide enough to rub the fender and get torn up unless the fender is rolled. This would also explain why someone with Nitto 295s is not experiencing rubbing, because Nittos run smaller. (IE, a 295 Nitto is a bit narrower than a 295 BFG)

In all honesty, I was expecting you to be puttin' dubs on that fly ride

XXMustangRayXX said:
hahahahaha no I'm going the other way now, unricing it, all but the body kit...I really do still like that. But is there a write-up or something somewhere that shows me how to roll the fender?

I'm fairly certain that you take a baseball bat and just roll it along the inside of the fender until it smoothly/evenly tucks up the sharp metal edge. If that doesn't work, use said baseball bat to unrice your car with record breaking speed :nice:

Well, I just went down and looked, and I see what you mean...but I don't know about doing that..if I would screw it up that wouldn't be good...

But I'm still thinking 295's on 18x10's without being lowered..at most an inch...I think with being lowered an inch with the 295's I wouldnt have a problem...

I have 18x10's with 295/35's and i haven't had any rubbing issues. The rear is lowered about 1.5" (if i remember correctly) and it looks good with no fitment problems. If your worried about rotating the tires, i would go with 275's all-around. otherwise, go for the 295's. worst case senario, you have your fenders rolled.