New Year's Resolutions 2005

go.rei GT

Nov 29, 2003
Az
Well, it's that time... the time for goals and aspirations for the new year. :flag: What are your resolutions, both stang related and in general?

Last year, when I made this thread mine was to run 13's, but since I pulled a Rob (never went to the track), I didn't pull it off. Then there's Paul:
Killercanary said:
I have to make up my mind as to what I'm doing with my '90GT. I have to decide what I'm doing with the tranny and shortblock as both need rebuilt. I'm getting new wheels for my '95. As of right now... that's about it.
Hmm, just new wheels huh? :rolleyes: nothing about a mag feature??? :D

So, obviously a lot can happen (or not) in a year, but here goes:

I want to install subframes, new brakes, and some suspension components. It'd be nice to hit the 1320 and road race tracks a bit too.
The big one= become a HOMEOWNER!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Joel

• Sponsors (?)

Pay my way out of the debt my Cheby is causing so I can continue modding.

That and headlights are a must. Going for the smoked ones this spring.

Oh, and install that blasted tranny cooler as soon as the blazer has the motor back in it.

As far as the stang related one Ive just decided to make the exterior/ looks of the car alot better Paint, rims, interior...exc exc..... As far a others I really havent made any. I wont make the generic , loosing weight working out one, I can do that when ever I feel like it ( not that I need to loose weight) but I dont need the start of a new yr for that.

yea paul.....thaat was quite an accomplishment for one year......great job!.....as for me hopefully pick up some wheels, springs and intake at the swap meet at Englishtown this year, and do some little things like paint the tailight bezels black and touch up one of the scoops on the hood.......have a good New Year's guys :nice:

I'm setting realistic goals for my car this year. Sometimes I run into people after not seeing them for some time, and the last time we spoke it was like, "Yeah man...in a couple months I'm gonna get a blower I'm gonna do this and that..." And I ask them how the car is, and they tell me they added a k&n and seat covers.
By this time next year I hope to have:

3:73 gears + speedcal, installed
Eibach springs
Single chamber flows
A new cd player and some solid 6x8's

If money permits, some silver cobra R wheels would be nice, but we'll see.

Get my car up and running- the new motor and tranny are sitting in my garage waiting on the body shop to finish car, also redoing the interior completely.

The car has been out of commission since november due to the run in with my less than honest mechanic so I'm doing it myself- This whole project was started in June, and lost 4 months of time dealing with that guy.

The car is basically being overhauled- new paint, new interior, new drivetrain. Also has a new rear end, new suspension, new brakes, new rims and tires. Hopefully everything will go in fine, just now almost 6 months later I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I miss driving her, but I have learned that I can wait if it means getting it done right.

For 2005 My resolution is to get down to 10% bodyfat @ 230 lbs bodyweight :) Hopefully move out, and far as the Cobra, It will have a new longblock in 05', along with cloth cobra race buckets, and shooting for a new custom paint in 06'...Unless I change my mind and get a 03'-04' cobra instead, which I doubt is financially possible any time soon.

Getting my car moving again is a big goal of mine (seriously!) and I'm very close to achieving that goal. I have the TrueTrac and the Moser axles, so it will become a reality very soon.

I'm going to buy a nice Dale Earnhardt-style open face helmet, and some type of subframe connectors. Possibly upper and lower control arms, but the kit I want relocates the mounting positions of the control arms and is VERY expensive. My goal is to go 12.5 in the summer heat with no accessories bypassed and in full street trim. Hopefully the trans will hold it. :)

I'm not spending too much on the car this year - I did that last year and wasn't able to enjoy the car as much as I wanted to.

Joe

Non-stang resolutions:

Finish my bachelor's degree this May and complete one IT certification.

Mustang resolutions:

Purchase and install the following: Corbeau seats, Cobra brakes front & rear, KB Matrix Brace and Rails, Bassani Catback, and new wheels. If any money is left over in the car fund, I'll finish my suspension with the MM panhard bar, MM Torque Arm, and MM adjustable RLCA's with torque arm springs. :)

Top priority is to finish up a semester of CC and transfer to a university for my last two years of school.

Stang related: Continue to transform my car to how I want it. 3.55's and Bassani (very shortly).. Im going all out on MM suspension this year.

Even though stang mods are cheap, balancing money between stang, friends, and living expense is tough!