Newbie from Mississippi

Boosted2k

Dec 24, 2012
Hey guys, my name is Josh. I am a member on a lot of the other stang forums but you can never be a part of too many social groups. Lol. Just here to meet new people and expand my knowledge. I have had several stangs but my current one is a turbo'd 2000 gt.

• Sponsors (?)

Here is an outside and underhood shot. The underhood shot isnt all that great though. Hope you guys approve :D

IMG_1807.jpg

turbogt.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1807.jpg
    IMG_1807.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 68
  • turbogt.jpg
    turbogt.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: 1 users
How's the road manners/fuel economy (when not having fun)? I am toying with ditching the 2V altogether for a Coyote 5.0 and calling it a done deal. I'm loving the idea of a lighter and more efficient engine with a 2 year warranty!

The road manners aren't bad. The suspension is noisy as its all adjustable and solid bushings. And the fuel mileage isn't great as I think the tune is a little off. You do know that's not a coyote
Motor though right? The coyote motors are nice but IMO you could build a 2v that would make more power for less money. My last car was a 2v that was a 10 second very well street mannered car and I didn't have anywhere near what a coyote swap would cost in it. What are your goals with your car?

Oh I know that, I meant I am considering going N/A Coyote rather than FI 4.6. =P

Mid-12sec daily driver with good fuel economy and more importantly, reliability. I don't really want to run an SC or turbo if I can avoid it. My focus is on handling and braking more than straight line speed, but that doesn't mean I don't like me some of that too. :D

Got ya. Yeah, if that's what you want then go for it. The coyotes are nice and I understand what you mean by reliable and still makes decent power. I'm all about straight line racing. I could care less how bumpy the ride and fuel mileage is. Lol.

Sounds like you have a respectable suspension setup going on there anyway. Do you drive another car on most days?

I went ahead and got fixed shocks and struts on the last go around, since mine's a daily driver. It's still in the process of getting a very capable suspension setup, but I'm not going all-out track car with it either. I love autoX, but the car spends 99.99999% of its life getting me from point A to point B. I'll be happy having an M3 killer without the M3 gremlins.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a truck that I can drive but I normally drive the stang. I'm just careful on bumps. It's not as bad as it may sound. Lol. And the car is super quiet now so I enjoy driving it. I haven't had it very long so I'm still working the bugs out. It will be a lot nicer as time goes on. It still has full interior and all so it's still daily drivable. The main reason I have the truck is just in case the car breaks.