Newbie Here, Mustang Loyalist !!

MechWarrior

Feb 21, 2016
Hi There, I'm new here to the site, but I am a LONG TIME Mustang owner.

Got my 1st in High School , 1979 2.3L HB, 4 spd. manual , Dark Jade Green. Then a 1989 LX Sport 5.0L HB, Scarlet Red, 5 spd.. Next, a 1998 GT Prem, 5 spd. Bright Atlantic Blue ( My All Time fav Mustang color !!! ), she got totaled by a dumbass pulling out in front of me on the highway & had to swerve onto the shoulder / ditch... ever seen BOTH front airbags deploy ?!? Then a 2001 GT Prem. Laser Red ,5 spd. too. Next & still current, a 2004 GT, Prem, Sceaming Yellow, 5 spd manual., she is an AWESOME ride, 110K , no problems !!!

Looking forward to a new 2016 or 2017 Mustang now. Not sure if I want another GT or go V-6, with 051A package yet. Not interested in a Turbo EcoBoost 2.3L

A GT Prem. is a solid $10K higher ( ~ $36K ) than a 3.7L, w/ 051A group. A base GT is really nice, but with hi INS. payments & car payments, & gas prices, & do you really need to use Prem. level gas ? .

The 3.7L, manual, 051A group , seems very comparable ( better than? ) to my 2004 GT manual, in perforamance / milage / price. It will be my daily diver, 40 miles / day. I like being able to use 87 grade gas, about 30 - 40 cents cheaper per gallon than Prem gas, here in Kansas City. Makes a HUGE difference over a year !!

Hope to get some helpful insights & ideas !! THANKS

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the site!

x2 on what maxspeed said. Those Ecoboosts can lay it down with the right mods.

If you ever need anything, such as the forum discount code, feel free to shoot me a PM, and I'll be happy to help you!

In the meantime, you are more than welcome to browse our website for all of your Mustang parts, and needs!

https://lmr.com/1994-04-Mustang